Sponsored

Haven't had the car 1 week and already owe service $150.

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
Background: I got a 2017 Mustang GT last week on Friday, has 35K miles (still in bumper to bumper warranty). The selling dealer put new Pilot Sport AS3 tires and did an alignment.

I drove the car 500 miles from Oklahoma back home to Colorado. The entire drive, whenever I let off the throttle, the car pulled to the left. I thought that was weird so when I got into town I had my local alignment place do an alignment and test drive. The alignment toe was out of spec, according to them, and they adjusted it, but the pulling to the left persisted. The alignment tech also felt it and recommended a dealer appointment.

Because it was a warranty concern - I made an appointment at the dealer. They were able to feel the weird feeling but can't find anything wrong in the suspension. They rotated the tires and the feeling is now reduced a lot (so they say, I haven't driven the car yet). They think something is wrong with the (new) tires. They did an alignment also, and again the toe was out of spec. Because there was no warranty concern they want $150 for the alignment (which I didn't authorize, they didn't call me about or anything). I told my service advisor this and he said well the diagnosis fee is going to be $150 as well, and that they were cutting me a break. So either way I owe them $150 that I never authorized.

And I still have a car that pulls to the left on acceleration lift off.

So my next step is going to Discount Tire and having them check the tire internals/doing a balance to see if thats the issue. But will Michelin warranty the tire if it's a problem? And why does my toe keep going out of spec?

Do you guys think I should pay the $150? Just kinda sucks having paid for two alignments in less than a week. I told the service advisor I had the car aligned a few days ago and gave them the alignment sheet from that alignment. They knew it was recently aligned and re-did it anyway.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
All that work (tire and alignment stuff) won't fall under warranty. They would have to find something broke or worn out in the steering or suspension most likely to cover something like that under warranty. Tough call on the dealer charge of $150. I believe dealerships typically charge to even look at and diagnose a car under warranty, and the only time you don't pay the trouble-shooting charge is when there is a warranty issue and then warranty covers all of it including the trouble-shooting.

If you're going to have Discount Tire check the tires, have a road force balance done as that method kind find issues with the tires.

OP
OP

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
All that work (tire and alignment stuff) won't fall under warranty. They would have to find something broke or worn out in the steering or suspension most likely to cover something like that under warranty. Tough call on the dealer charge of $150. I believe dealerships typically charge to even look at and diagnose a car under warranty, and the only time you don't pay the trouble-shooting charge is when there is a warranty issue and then warranty covers all of it including the trouble-shooting.

If you're going to have Discount Tire check the tires, have a road force balance done as that method kind find issues with the tires.
please see my post here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-on-acceleration-and-left-at-lift-off.141657/
Sponsored