Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The CD player isn't touched or changed or anything with this navigation unit so there shouldn't be any way the new unit is affecting it.
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
My old burned cd's are working; the new ones are being spit out. I'm burning them like I always do. They start as mp3 from amazon, then click audio cd and burn.

I used to be pretty tech savvy and now I'm losing it lol. Is the flash drive pretty easy to control once it's plugged in?
If the old ones work and the new ones don't, something has changed; did you switch: brands of blank CDs, burning software, CD burner, computer? If not, then I am at a complete loss.

As far as the flash drive goes, yeah, pretty convenient; I usually use the USB port in the center console and have one of those SanDisk micro USB flash drives in there (they are ridiculously small). The USB cable in your glove compartment from the after-market unit will display album art; the ones that came with the car don't (they utilize your Sync module and that isn't part of Sync).

If you are on Windows, you can create playlists, or you can just put the contents of each CD in a separate folder and have "virtual CD/albums".

There's actually much more flexibility than with CDs.

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
The CD player isn't touched or changed or anything with this navigation unit so there shouldn't be any way the new unit is affecting it.
That makes sense. I didn't try any new cd's before so I wouldn't know. It just sounds like a pickier cd player.

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
If the old ones work and the new ones don't, something has changed; did you switch: brands of blank CDs, burning software, CD burner, computer? If not, then I am at a complete loss.

As far as the flash drive goes, yeah, pretty convenient; I usually use the USB port in the center console and have one of those SanDisk micro USB flash drives in there (they are ridiculously small). The USB cable in your glove compartment from the after-market unit will display album art; the ones that came with the car don't (they utilize your Sync module and that isn't part of Sync).

If you are on Windows, you can create playlists, or you can just put the contents of each CD in a separate folder and have "virtual CD/albums".

There's actually much more flexibility than with CDs.
Same cd's; same software. New computer; new windows 10.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Same cd's; same software. New computer; new windows 10.
New computer = new CD burner?

I know it sounds silly but I had problems like that in the past with CDs/DVDs; one burner would produce disks that didn't work in a specific stand alone CD/DVD player, another's would play fine. If you have access to another PC, try that.

Or, join the rest of us in the 21st century.... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Why mess with cd's, just throw all your music and videos on a usb stick and plug it into the unit's usb cable.

TC :)

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Why mess with cd's, just throw all your music and videos on a usb stick and plug it into the unit's usb cable.

TC :)
Yeah, but stay away from Terry, he gets distracted watching those Rihanna videos while he's driving. :lol::lol::lol:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but stay away from Terry, he gets distracted watching those Rihanna videos while he's driving. :lol::lol::lol:
No, that's Nicki Minaj, get your trashy pop icons correct will you. :D

TC :D:D

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Ok got mine installed. Everything seems to be working but the nav.. this is what i get-

And when i press run gps i get this-

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ok got mine installed. Everything seems to be working but the nav.. this is what i get-
I remember I had the same issue, I believe you need to browse to the location of the nav file on the unit and then start it up from there the first time.

TC

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
on the first image, click on browse, then select I think it's called navigation.exe, then run GPS and it should load the software.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yup. Click browse and select exe file and then run. You only have to do that the first time.

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Ok. I found primo.exe ran it an now it works. Thanks for the quick replies!

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
We have more in stock, ready to ship out.

Status
Not open for further replies.