Sponsored

IN STOCK!!! New Sync3 theme navigation from Moddiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Ok so the everything is apart it was really easy took about 20 minutes the only pain in the a** was getting the plugs disconnected from the CD player.
Any insight to what technique worked best for that? Or is it just pray and do it?
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The first post states this is only for car that are the base head unit (4" screen), I assume it has something to do with the integration with MFT of whatnot? Is there any options for replacement of the premium head unit? Personally I'd go for one if they came with different sound modelling (but that might come from MFT)? I'd like a 7+ band EQ as well, not the simple 3.

Thoughts?

Rabid74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arnold
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP Mustang GT
Any insight to what technique worked best for that? Or is it just pray and do it?
I took out the 3 screws on the sync module above the CD player and that gave me a little more room. Just had enough space to get a finger on top of the connectors to push the clips down. It has to all be done by feel. I have big hands so others might have an Easier time with it.

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Awesome dude! Mine is coming today but I may not get around to the install until Sunday.
Same here, mine arrived today and I am hoping to get it installed on Sunday. :cheers:

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I took out the 3 screws on the sync module above the CD player and that gave me a little more room. Just had enough space to get a finger on top of the connectors to push the clips down. It has to all be done by feel. I have big hands so others might have an Easier time with it.
Did you follow any particular installation video or pix? If so, which ones? Thanks!

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I've had my car since January 6 and that stupid screen has been driving me nuts ever since lol. I thought I was being really patient I almost traded it in for a premium because of it. But then my wife would have killed me.
I have to say, originally, I thought it wouldn't bother me, but every time I drive my wife's Cherokee, it's a glaring difference. The back up camera with a 4" screen is almost useless; then there's all those square black buttons, yuck!

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
The lower wire harness is connected to a metal brace with a plastic clip, get that clip unlocked/unhooked and you can move the CD unit out further and have an easier time disconnecting all clips.

edit:
Did you follow any particular installation video or pix? If so, which ones? Thanks!
Look up any TomTop install vid or the install thread on here, more or less exactly the same.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I have mine connected up but the AC isn't working, now this is all my fault when you get all the wires hooked up to CD player becaredul as you push them all back. I believe I disconnected something so when it cools off, I shall go un-install and try again :)

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Hey all. Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I purchased a micro-usb to lightning adapter on Monoprice for about $8 bucks and will try to see if screen mirroring will work with the supplied cables. Would be a lot cheaper than buying the Apple HDMI adapter for 40-50 bucks.

I'll let you know how it goes. I will either be installing tonight or tomorrow morning.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine and I believe I am missing the new button rubber. Anyone else have this issue?

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Does it come with instructions that say it comes with the kit? Other units use the stock one

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It uses the stock ones. You just swap those over.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.