Sponsored

I'm not excited for the new GT500

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
From what my dealer is saying they have to pay into the shelby purchase program to be eligible for an allocation. He said it was $1000 dollars for the Gt350 when it became available. They have not verified that for sure with the GT500 as no information is out yet.
It's not the SHELBY program, it's the SVT program that they have to pay to participate.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Fixed right there ;)
Thanks as the SVT name has not been used for quite some time and of course in recent years Ford Racing was also eliminated in favor of Ford Performance.

Back in 2010 all Ford dealerships also had to pay to play with the Boss 302 cars as well.

;)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah,.........I'm starting to lose interest in the new GT500 myself.
Actually have been for about a week now.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Yeah,.........I'm starting to lose interest in the new GT500 myself.
Actually have been for about a week now.
So did I .More so since I pulled the trigger on the 18GT /A10. It's going to keep me plenty occupied until I check back on this thread next year . Lol

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Haven't totally given up but wearing the hell out!! Lol! You know it's bad when you see the leaked images of the new Supra(only 335hp mind you) and start think not a bad looking car! Still hoping against hope to see something soon. Then again Ford the new ME Vette will come out first and beat you to the HP punch and I may have to jump on that! Sitting here watching the paint dry!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Haven't totally given up but wearing the hell out!! Lol! You know it's bad when you see the leaked images of the new Supra(only 335hp mind you) and start think not a bad looking car! Still hoping against hope to see something soon. Then again Ford the new ME Vette will come out first and beat you to the HP punch and I may have to jump on that! Sitting here watching the paint dry!
It's hard not to be excited about the mid engine Corvette. The current entry level Corvette is so reasonable and attainable for most people. I hope GM can keep the mid engine version prices down below $100k - at least for the low option models. Even with the pushrod motor I would be very interested in a mid engine version.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It's hard not to be excited about the mid engine Corvette. The current entry level Corvette is so reasonable and attainable for most people. I hope GM can keep the mid engine version prices down below $100k - at least for the low option models. Even with the pushrod motor I would be very interested in a mid engine version.
Word is sub $80k for the base model.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
:cheers::ford::lol:I could care less about a me vette from the Gigantic Mistake.Ford only here.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
ME corvette should be a great bargain. The thing is gonna have some great tech on it, and I heard low 70's to start. Won't take many options to get over 80 I'm sure. I'm waiting to hear news on when the TTv8 variants are going to hit. Car is gonna be awesome and I'm not a GM fan, but I appreciate what they did here. I'm anticipating this car more than the GT500, by a long shot. I have a good feeling the ME corvette is going to pull in a lot of outsiders. I'm very interested in it and I WAS a die hard Ford only fanboi
6.2 ohc v8 NA, 4.2 DOHC TTV8 650+HP, 5.5DOHC TTV8 750+HP (say it could be 850HP)

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
:cheers::ford::lol:I could care less about a me vette from the Gigantic Mistake.Ford only here.
Most people who know me would be surprised if I bought a GM product, but an affordable V8 mid engine car has the potential to be way too good to pass up.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I heard that the Vette will be ME and front engine as well...? :shrug:

I can't imagine that being the case. Sounds likes spreading a portfolio name way too thin.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I heard that the Vette will be ME and front engine as well...? :shrug:

I can't imagine that being the case. Sounds likes spreading a portfolio name way too thin.
No, just ME is all I've heard. The Y platform tooling is going down for this update, they won't run them concurrently.
Sponsored