Sponsored

I'm LIFTING my Mustang!

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Wow...All the hate for a man with a performance dream.

I don't see much difference between this and changing a mustang into a hardcore drag car. Why is building a car kickass over uneven terrain less acceptable than building a car that can only be driven in a straight line?

This plan may not be my particular cup of tea but I love any mods that make a car function better, whatever that function might be. If you are going to do it well then do whatever crazy thing you want. Take pictures of it too.

Cmon, this is a mustang forum. If your tastes don't align with everyone else you are clearly an incompetent moron. :crazy:

I don't get it either. I think it's ridiculous that people are hating on the OP so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Haha he may need a gt to spin the 26in rims and tires he's putting on it . The mustang isn't a damn rally car

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Cmon, this is a mustang forum. If your tastes don't align with everyone else you are clearly an incompetent moron. :crazy:

I don't get it either. I think it's ridiculous that people are hating on the OP so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Project Baja... go for it. Or maybe Project Apacolypse. I am into any Mad Max inspired looks...

Nothing wrong with building what you want. I've seen far "worse" done to cars.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
still gonna get stuck with that rwd and no locking diff.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
That last pic is a purpose built car by GM I believe and even has night vision cameras for flying down dirt roads in pitch black. Not a conversion by any means. They raced one against a 40's moon shine car against Junior Johnson on americarna.
No, it's not a GM vehicle. That's a Rally Fighter by Local Motors, based here in the Phoenix area.

LM has some really incredibly cool vehicles and a freaking awesome means of design and production. They have factory tours if you're ever in the neighborhood.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
He makes a thread to get bashed and never comments lol that's the mustang forums for ya

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I kind of like the idea, as long as you're going for offroad wheels and tyres as well. From the pics I'm liking the Challenger and the SN95. The SN95 could do with a little more front lift. It has too much rake for me. The 68 Shelby vert looks only a little higher (1.5 - 2 inches) than stock with bigger tyres. On the 2015 photoshop that lift looks too much though.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Mid travel mustang ftw!

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i like the looks of the off road mustangs just dont like putting off road wheels and tires and lifts on rwd vehicles. i cringe every time i see a 9" lifted off road tire truck thats rwd. guess they cant get stuck on the asphalt at the mall though.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
i like the looks of the off road mustangs just dont like putting off road wheels and tires and lifts on rwd vehicles. i cringe every time i see a 9" lifted off road tire truck thats rwd. guess they cant get stuck on the asphalt at the mall though.

This is a pre-runner style setup, most are RWD. They're made to run fast over rough terrain, not mud bog.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This is a pre-runner style setup, most are RWD. They're made to run fast over rough terrain, not mud bog.
true, i guess if youre just doing some desert racing like that then yeah rwd would be fine. I like to do rock crawling and mudding when i go off road so i had that mostly in mind lol.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Been busy all day, just got home. It appears that a lot of you have trouble with reading comprehension. I never once mentioned I'm going to hoodrat it up with 26" spinning rims. I did however specifically state
It won't be as extreme as some of these pictures, most likely a 4-5" lift as anymore would result in boots, shafts, steering alignment issues.
A couple inch lift would bring our 5" stock ground clearance to your average large SUV height and maybe put AT's on.
Sponsored