Sponsored

I'm considering getting the Roush phase 2 super charger for my 2015 GT automatic vs buying a gt500 or hellcat.

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I work from home so I don't drive that much and most of my fun is 0 - 45 mph. This seems like a fairly cost effective way to increase fun without a massive increase to expense. Anyone add on this kit to a 2015-2017 and have regrets? gas mileage is no concern as I am only on the highway 1 day a week for a standing doctor appointment. I have 30k miles on the car in case that matters.

Edit: I am kind of set on the Roush super charger, but if I really wanted people to hear whine from the super charger outside the car, would I be better served by other options?
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Roush's biggest advantage is the warranty so on a 2015 I'd be exploring other options for boost. If most your fun is below 45mph I doubt you'd get much out of a hellcat other than wheel spin. A gt500 could be fun....

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd go ESS if you want bang for buck. The problem with Roush is that it lacks any intercooling so it heat soaks super bad on hot days or on back to back runs (this is also dangerous for detonation issues in the motor). It is a good option for people who never really floor the car just to "have the power if I need it", and that's about it. Especially if you're well past warranty coverage.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'd go ESS if you want bang for buck. The problem with Roush is that it lacks any intercooling so it heat soaks super bad on hot days or on back to back runs (this is also dangerous for detonation issues in the motor). It is a good option for people who never really floor the car just to "have the power if I need it", and that's about it. Especially if you're well past warranty coverage.
A roush supercharger certainly has an Intercooler. It's an a/w that sits under the supercharger itself. The 15-17 kits aren't all that bad. The 18+ kits are much worse with heatsoak. That being said, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A roush supercharger certainly has an Intercooler. It's an a/w that sits under the supercharger itself. The 15-17 kits aren't all that bad. The 18+ kits are much worse with heatsoak. That being said, it wouldn't be my first choice.
Oh okay, I was just misinformed then, thanks for the correction. Why are the 18+ kits worse with heatsoak?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Oh okay, I was just misinformed then, thanks for the correction. Why are the 18+ kits worse with heatsoak?
Less surface area on the included heat exchanger I believe.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I work from home so I don't drive that much and most of my fun is 0 - 45 mph. This seems like a fairly cost effective way to increase fun without a massive increase to expense. Anyone add on this kit to a 2015-2017 and have regrets? gas mileage is no concern as I am only on the highway 1 day a week for a standing doctor appointment. I have 30k miles on the car in case that matters.

Edit: I am kind of set on the Roush super charger, but if I really wanted people to hear whine from the super charger outside the car, would I be better served by other options?
I think a Roush TVS would be perfect for you. You don't need anything fancy. 9-10psi would rock your world, even with the conservative included calibration, it would give you 100K miles of smiles.

Last edited:

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Every other positive displacement supercharger available for your car is a better choice than Roush. Whipple, Edelbrock, VMP Odin, Magnuson or Kenne Bell would all be better choices.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I appreciate the advice. I don't think anyone has commented on the volume of whine sounds. The Hellcat is famous for the whine. If I already have a loud exhaust is it safe to assume that none of the mentioned kits will compare to the Hellcat so I should just go with what I think is best?

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I appreciate the advice. I don't think anyone has commented on the volume of whine sounds. The Hellcat is famous for the whine. If I already have a loud exhaust is it safe to assume that none of the mentioned kits will compare to the Hellcat so I should just go with what I think is best?
I have no regrets about installing the Roush kit.

Not sure what others will hear over that loud exhaust, but I can confirm that you will NOT hear the Roush whine in the cabin unless you add this: Foster 100% whine increase sound tube kit.

The sound tube screams if you don't dampen it. Might be what you're looking for. It will work with any other PD kit as well.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I mean buying a hellcat or a gt500 is quite a different budget than a blower. 75k+ or 10k. What are your goals?

I've been in a roush car, and a vmp car. Both are louder than my whipples. However, the Roush and vmp drivers felt my whipplecars had better power delivery.

Again, if it's about a loud car my choices are different than a strip car vs a road car etc

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
True i was making a statement that i know that it's a good setup and i have friends who have know completes
That doesn’t mean that there aren’t better options, or that all the options aren’t better.
Sponsored