2015 Mustang GT

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll be picking up at 2017 GT350R this Tuesday. I believe it's got PS4S's all around, but the tread left is not great and I'm shopping for replacements going on the OEM rims.

Question for those of you with R's that swapped tires successfully in the Chicagoland area:
  1. Where did you go to get the work done? I'm in the north shore but I'll travel just about anywhere at this point to find a place willing and able to do the work. Going off Hunter's equipment finder list and filtering by those who have Revolution machines, I've tried:
    1. Firestone in Deerfield: was told three times to find another shop, because they cannot accept the risk of damaging the wheel.
    2. Knauz: They will only work on their own brands
    3. Belle Tire Vernon Hills: Refuses to handle. Techs say their machine can't handle it, despite it being a Revolution.
    4. Berry Tire in Libertyville: Rob can't confirm one way or another if they can do it, but advises I bring the car by.
    5. Discount Tire: I've called about 8 in the area, and focused on the one in Hanover Park that seems to be the only one with a Revolution machine. But they can't confirm 100% they can handle it.
  2. During the install, did you notice the shop doing anything specific to prep the machine or the wheel itself prior to install? I know some places will warm up the tires a bit to let the carcass and bead stretch more easily.
TIA.
Waukegan Tire in Grayslake, IL, lil bit of a drive, has the newest and best equipment , I'd give them a call.

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Where are folks bringing their cars for service? I'd like to find a good dealer but never had a Ford, so I'm not sure who's got a reputable service department. Looks like Arlington Heights Ford gets good reviews on Reddit and Dealer Rater. Anyone use them regularly?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Where are folks bringing their cars for service? I'd like to find a good dealer but never had a Ford, so I'm not sure who's got a reputable service department. Looks like Arlington Heights Ford gets good reviews on Reddit and Dealer Rater. Anyone use them regularly?
I don’t have experience with them on the service side. I use Hawk Ford in St. Charles and Gerald Ford in North Aurora. Both service Shelby’s and both are certified to work on Ford GT’s (I’ve seen them at both dealers). Good experience at both dealers. Gerald is 5 minutes from my house so I use them the most.

Ahung12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I don’t have experience with them on the service side. I use Hawk Ford in St. Charles and Gerald Ford in North Aurora. Both service Shelby’s and both are certified to work on Ford GT’s (I’ve seen them at both dealers). Good experience at both dealers. Gerald is 5 minutes from my house so I use them the most.
Good to know. My folks are down in Naperville so I'm down that area every once in a while. Any specific tech you work with at Gerald?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good to know. My folks are down in Naperville so I'm down that area every once in a while. Any specific tech you work with at Gerald?
Nobody specific as far as tech’s go. I just give specific instructions to the service advisor as to what I want and they make notes of everything.

I do talk to the service manager whenever I’m there if he’s around, good guy and a true car guy. He drag races a couple different Foxes. Vito is his name, he’ll take good care of you if you want to talk to him directly. When I was there last fall for an oil change, he had a GT500 on one of the racks. Doing some post-track service (tires, rotors and pads, etc.) before winter. And there was a 350 in the bay that they had just finished doing an oil change on.

If you’re up north, there’s plenty of folks here that are up in that area and can chime in on AH Ford too. I’ve only talked to their sales folks, never had any service work done there

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I work for Zeigler in North Riverside as a parts guy. I have a tech that I completely trust working on my car and nobody else. Happy to help you if needed

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anybody here on eastbound 88 around Naperville Road at about 5:20pm this evening? Either Orange Fury or Twister Orange GT. Sounded like a Corsa exhaust, I tried revving back but hard to do with the A10 while moving LOL. Anyway, car looked and sounded good

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey all. I’m sure you’re all aware but they’re talking potential for baseball sized hail this evening. Get those Stangs inside!

champamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll be picking up at 2017 GT350R this Tuesday. I believe it's got PS4S's all around, but the tread left is not great and I'm shopping for replacements going on the OEM rims.

Question for those of you with R's that swapped tires successfully in the Chicagoland area:
  1. Where did you go to get the work done? I'm in the north shore but I'll travel just about anywhere at this point to find a place willing and able to do the work. Going off Hunter's equipment finder list and filtering by those who have Revolution machines, I've tried:
    1. Firestone in Deerfield: was told three times to find another shop, because they cannot accept the risk of damaging the wheel.
    2. Knauz: They will only work on their own brands
    3. Belle Tire Vernon Hills: Refuses to handle. Techs say their machine can't handle it, despite it being a Revolution.
    4. Berry Tire in Libertyville: Rob can't confirm one way or another if they can do it, but advises I bring the car by.
    5. Discount Tire: I've called about 8 in the area, and focused on the one in Hanover Park that seems to be the only one with a Revolution machine. But they can't confirm 100% they can handle it.
  2. During the install, did you notice the shop doing anything specific to prep the machine or the wheel itself prior to install? I know some places will warm up the tires a bit to let the carcass and bead stretch more easily.
TIA.
Good to know that a shop has the best equipment, but still consider the operator. Here's one suggestion:
https://www.ultimaraceworks.com/
Haven't used them but I likely will for my next project. Recommended by an SCCA friend.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Finally getting closer to spring.

IMG_2770.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good to know that a shop has the best equipment, but still consider the operator. Here's one suggestion:
https://www.ultimaraceworks.com/
Haven't used them but I likely will for my next project. Recommended by an SCCA friend.
I’ve not had any work done by them but have heard nothing but good things about them.
Sponsored