Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok.so I would save the money on the rgb color changer and just make a harness for each of the door sills .5 wires I believe for both sides and tap in the cup holder lights.
Thanks for the suggestion. But then the door sill would be on the entire time the cup holder lights are on while driving at night.... Right? No? I like the idea, but I cannot figure out that part of it.

It would be good to be able to get the ability of mycolor from tapping into the cup holder but still be powered by the courtesy light. Man, I wish I had a laptop and Forscan. haha. I am not buying a laptop just for this though.

The way I have it wired now, it goes on with the courtesy light when the door is opened. After the door is closed, the door sill light will go off.
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Thanks for the suggestion. But then the door sill would be on the entire time the cup holder lights are on while driving at night.... Right? No? I like the idea, but I cannot figure out that part of it.

It would be good to be able to get the ability of mycolor from tapping into the cup holder but still be powered by the courtesy light. Man, I wish I had a laptop and Forscan. haha. I am not buying a laptop just for this though.

The way I have it wired now, it goes on with the courtesy light when the door is opened. After the door is closed, the door sill light will go off.
Yes you are good .you could tap the other wires coming off the door sills into foot well so you can have them the same color as the door handle lights and cup holders and foot well .

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The footwell lights do come one when the door is opened (same as the door handles, and cup holders) but they are also connected to my color, so they will always be on at night time.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The footwell lights do come one when the door is opened (same as the door handles, and cup holders) but they are also connected to my color, so they will always be on at night time.
And so are the stock ones I believe you just don't see them lit up because the door is closed. They really are not that bright .

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And so are the stock ones I believe you just don't see them lit up because the door is closed. They really are not that bright .
The door sills are lit under different conditions than the cup holders. The cup holder does go on when the door is opened, but it also goes on when the instrument panel lights are turned on.

Like the puddle lamps, the door sills are powered when the courtesy lights are on. If the door sills were always on while driving at night, then that would mean the puddle lamps would always be on as well, which isn't the case.

I guess it wouldn't be all that bad having the door sills lit up while driving at night, but I would rather not. Thanks for the option though. If I ever get to the point that I feel I need my color that badly, I will consider your idea.

Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
How about tapping the mycolor wires from the foot well lights, then run the ground wire from the the sills through the door switch somehow, so the door sills only get power when the door is open? I'm not familiar with the schematic for the My Color wiring, but I would think regardless of how that is wired up, there is likely only 1 ground wire, so it may be possible to rig up an on/off switch using a relay connected to the door switch. That way when the door is opened, the relay is energized and connects the sills to ground so they light up, door closes, ground connection is lost so the sills turn off. Just spit balling here, not sure if it would actually work.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Normally yes. The 50th Anniversary Limited Editions came with a unique non-lighted door sill. It has the plug, but it is not powered so swapping is not a plug-and-play deal. It is stupid because the lighted door sill I bought is available only for the LE (You have to provide the VIN).

The other dumb thing about the LE is that it is a Premium with the Performance Package from the factory; BUT they decided not to put backup sensors or adaptive cruise control like other Premium models. I think the Bronco First Edition had something similar; fully loaded but was missing something the lower models had. I can't remember what it was.
Even the 50th AP cars have the non lit sills and the pigtail connectors just sitting there and they are turned off. :(

Last edited:

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
FINALLY had mine sent just in time for PITS (Ponies in the Smokies). I'll be installing this weekend. Any videos or helpful tips would be much appreciated! I'm wondering if there's a plug in there or if I'll have to wire up the power and ground beneath the kick panels? Anyone who's done it please let me know, thanks! I'm so exited to finally have them and can't wait to see them light up 🤗

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Hi Marcy!

I just plugged them (The Regular Illuminated Plates, not the LE Serialized Plates) in to the Harness Connector that's supplied with the Car. I had the Tech at the Dealer Enable them with Software. Some Dealers don't want to do this, but I talked to the Service Manager at my Dealer and they worked out a Deal for the Tech's Time for about $100 for Programming the Plates and the Old GT350 Instrument Cluster. Have since Swapped Out Clusters for the Newer Digital Display. Let me know how it goes, here or on the 50th Site
1646676930192.png

At the Lakeland Mustangs and Mustangs Show last Weekend of February

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi Marcy!

I just plugged them (The Regular Illuminated Plates, not the LE Serialized Plates) in to the Harness Connector that's supplied with the Car. I had the Tech at the Dealer Enable them with Software. Some Dealers don't want to do this, but I talked to the Service Manager at my Dealer and they worked out a Deal for the Tech's Time for about $100 for Programming the Plates and the Old GT350 Instrument Cluster. Have since Swapped Out Clusters for the Newer Digital Display. Let me know how it goes, here or on the 50th Site
1646676930192.png

At the Lakeland Mustangs and Mustangs Show last Weekend of February
@JWS
That chrome trim on the sides of your seats is nice looking, care to share where you picked up those parts and cost?

Sponsored

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
Installed, programmed, and couldn't be happier! All done in less that 40 minutes (should've been a lot less but I read, and re-read the programming instructions at least 3 times, then backed up my original configuration because I was nervous about messing up lol).

A BIG thanks again to the pioneers who figured this out for the rest of us to enjoy! đź‘Ź
Screenshot_20220305-191128_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: JWS

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
That looks soooo good, I'm going to have to do mine...Thanks I think!