armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
It's sitting too far back. The performance package EB and GT should be the same. The regular GT and EB have smaller splitters.
20190420_140225.jpg
Sponsored

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Took a chance on this and I think it came out really good. It's a very strong yet flexible ABS plastic.The quality is really nice as well.
How is this splitter holding up after driving with it for a couple of months? Any issues?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Bumping this thread, I bought this rep splitter and it arrives tomorrow. I'll install it this weekend and add photos to the thread!

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury; Previously: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Race Red
Has anyone successfully installed this spoiler on a non-PP GT?

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
CJ Pony Parts has the PP belly pan for $180 with install hardware. With that plus the eBay splitter you're only out $300 which isn't bad for a splitter.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
CJ Pony Parts has the PP belly pan for $180 with install hardware. With that plus the eBay splitter you're only out $300 which isn't bad for a splitter.
PP belly pan is like 120 or 130 - i got mine through local Ford dealer. Levittown said shipping would be expensive so I ordered through a local dealer.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I installed it on my non-PP GT this past weekend. It only works with the stock parts if you're okay with it sitting slightly further back(probably 0.75-1") than it would on a PP2 car and also okay with drilling your own holes into the stock splitter (just be careful with how you drill, you can easily go through the top of the base splitter on towards the far passenger/driver sides where it gets less thick). Without the larger PP splitter if you try to line it up "correctly" the holes will extend past the base splitter and be visible which is why you have to move it back slightly. Mine didn't have to go as far back or have any bending issues like the other user who installed on his base EB. I'll post pics later today after work, i'm happy with the look and its hardly noticeable with the bit it had to be moved back.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The entire front bumper (body colored part) is different between GT 'PP1/2' cars and non-PP. I have no idea why. I can't speak to California special or Bullitt or if 'premium' trims behave differently. EB/PP also get the non-PP bumper shell.

I too naively thought the difference was just the flat-black molded part at the extreme leading edge. Apparently that would make entirely too much sense. I found this out when trying to put the GT/PP1 undertray (with brake "ducts") on my EB/PP.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
The entire front bumper (body colored part) is different between GT 'PP1/2' cars and non-PP. I have no idea why. I can't speak to California special or Bullitt or if 'premium' trims behave differently. EB/PP also get the non-PP bumper shell.

I too naively thought the difference was just the flat-black molded part at the extreme leading edge. Apparently that would make entirely too much sense. I found this out when trying to put the GT/PP1 undertray (with brake "ducts") on my EB/PP.
Really? I had not heard the entire bumper was different, just the belly pan and splitter. I bought the PP belly pan and was unable to install it due to it not lining up with the base splitter. If I get the PP splitter will it line up or will I still have issues due to the bumper?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Really? I had not heard the entire bumper was different
The part numbers are different for starters. When trying to fit the belly-pan the holes didn't remotely line up and the various tabs and cutouts also were not compatible.

If I get the PP splitter will it line up or will I still have issues due to the bumper?
It's an expensive experiment but I expect you will have all kinds of incompatability. I'd be delighted to be wrong but the GT/PP's splitter (flat black) won't fasten up to your bumper shell.

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
The part numbers are different for starters. When trying to fit the belly-pan the holes didn't remotely line up and the various tabs and cutouts also were not compatible.

It's an expensive experiment but I expect you will have all kinds of incompatability. I'd be delighted to be wrong but the GT/PP's splitter (flat black) won't fasten up to your bumper shell.
Yeah I already drilled into my base splitter and isntalled it so I doubt I'll be changing it. Kinda sucks cause it makes my PP belly pan useless and a waste of money. Should have done more research.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury; Previously: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Race Red
I installed it on my non-PP GT this past weekend. It only works with the stock parts if you're okay with it sitting slightly further back(probably 0.75-1") than it would on a PP2 car and also okay with drilling your own holes into the stock splitter (just be careful with how you drill, you can easily go through the top of the base splitter on towards the far passenger/driver sides where it gets less thick). Without the larger PP splitter if you try to line it up "correctly" the holes will extend past the base splitter and be visible which is why you have to move it back slightly. Mine didn't have to go as far back or have any bending issues like the other user who installed on his base EB. I'll post pics later today after work, i'm happy with the look and its hardly noticeable with the bit it had to be moved back.
Thanks! I ended up installing it a few weeks ago and forgot to update post lol. Yeah it wasn't an exact fit but I am happy with the results. The splitter ended a little under an inch extra on each side. Now I just gotta find a way of removing scratches from the cheap plastic. Moving it around underneath really scratched it up...
20200404_154937.jpg
Sponsored