Ikon Motorsports eBay PP2 Splitter

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Thanks! I ended up installing it a few weeks ago and forgot to update post lol. Yeah it wasn't an exact fit but I am happy with the results. The splitter ended a little under an inch extra on each side. Now I just gotta find a way of removing scratches from the cheap plastic. Moving it around underneath really scratched it up...
20200404_154937.jpg
I was going to mention that when I posted pics and reviewed it. It does scratch insanely easily. Simply wiping debris off mine left small etches in the plastic. Tbh im probably going to replace it with the one I posted above if it gets damaged a lot or replace it with a 350 bumper down the road. But it looks good and should do for a while, not bad for $100.

GORGEOUS car btw, love the orange fury. What wheels and side splitters with winglets is that? Do you have an insta I can follow? Your style matches a lot of what I would like to do on my car, super clean.
Sponsored

psoto13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury; Previously: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Race Red
I was going to mention that when I posted pics and reviewed it. It does scratch insanely easily. Simply wiping debris off mine left small etches in the plastic. Tbh im probably going to replace it with the one I posted above if it gets damaged a lot or replace it with a 350 bumper down the road. But it looks good and should do for a while, not bad for $100.

GORGEOUS car btw, love the orange fury. What wheels and side splitters with winglets is that? Do you have an insta I can follow? Your style matches a lot of what I would like to do on my car, super clean.
I am thinking the same. Probably will leave it for a bit and change it for the MP concepts chin spoiler. I was waiting for that spoiler to be available for MONTHS and got desperate and went the ebay route. Now I regret it and spent more money than I needed to.

Thank you very much, love your car as well. That grabber lime is awesome. My wheels are Vossen HF-3 Custom Black finish. The side splitters are the GT500 style from ebay as well lol. Here is the link. My insta is psoto13 but I rarely post anything about my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-2...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking the same. Probably will leave it for a bit and change it for the MP concepts chin spoiler. I was waiting for that spoiler to be available for MONTHS and got desperate and went the ebay route. Now I regret it and spent more money than I needed to.

Thank you very much, love your car as well. That grabber lime is awesome. My wheels are Vossen HF-3 Custom Black finish. The side splitters are the GT500 style from ebay as well lol. Here is the link. My insta is psoto13 but I rarely post anything about my car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-2020-Ford-Mustang-GT500-Style-Texture-Blk-Side-Skirt-Extension-Splitter/193335216033?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Thank you!
I had no clue MP Concepts were coming out with this. Talk about timing, it was released like a week ago and I bought the PP2 stuff like 3 weeks ago. So close and could have saved me some trouble and money lol. Thanks for the link, seems like cuztom_tuning is out of a lot of the cool products they offer for mustangs unfortunately. And thats too bad, you should start a car page for fun :sunglasses:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
How is this holding up long term ? I've ordered one last week and mine is going to be delivered tomorrow. After almost 2 years, i'm finally switching from the RTR splitter to the PP2 , just because i want it to match the GT500 side skirts that i got recently and the rest of the car. I already have a PP1 belly pan and found a PP1 splitter, so i hope this would line up with the factory holes right ?
20200509_152552.jpg

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Got this installed today. The quality is pretty good and for 110 bucks can't go wrong. It looks nice but honestly sure if i like this or my previous RTR one.

20200515_175259.jpg

20200515_175319.jpg

I was too lazy to purchase some washers so installed just the self tapping screws.

20200515_164055.jpg

20200515_164043.jpg

Here's how much crap i had to clear out from the belly pan. yikess

20200515_133817.jpg

A comparison with my old RTR splitter

20200515_132707.jpg

Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Got this installed today. The quality is pretty good and for 110 bucks can't go wrong. It looks nice but honestly sure if i like this or my previous RTR one.
I'm assuming with the PP1 splitter and bellypan everything fit and bolted up OEM style? I'm not a huge fan of the RTR so my vote is the PP2 one. Also, as an example to contrast with Krishna's photos, heres what it looks like on a non PP mustang if you don't buy the PP1 splitter and bellypan and have to set the splitter back about an inch. Hardly noticeable difference, mainly just in the middle. I have the PP bellypan, so I may just get the PP1 splitter and move it here in a couple weeks. @krishelnino did you buy the PP1 splitter from a vendor or just source a takeoff one? If vendor, mind DMing me?

90616827904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=PAkZoGbABJoAX9TPRx6&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

61343135744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=_gjtITFSB0EAX_IQFfE&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

at=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=TqwYlcMnK7kAX9-JMPy&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_zor=9&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming with the PP1 splitter and bellypan everything fit and bolted up OEM style? I'm not a huge fan of the RTR so my vote is the PP2 one. Also, as an example to contrast with Krishna's photos, heres what it looks like on a non PP mustang if you don't buy the PP1 splitter and bellypan and have to set the splitter back about an inch. Hardly noticeable difference, mainly just in the middle. I have the PP bellypan, so I may just get the PP1 splitter and move it here in a couple weeks. @krishelnino did you buy the PP1 splitter from a vendor or just source a takeoff one? If vendor, mind DMing me?

90616827904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=PAkZoGbABJoAX9TPRx6&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

61343135744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=_gjtITFSB0EAX_IQFfE&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

at=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=TqwYlcMnK7kAX9-JMPy&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_zor=9&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg
Mine is a non-PP as well but converted to PP :) I got it from a local member with whom i traded with the RTR splitter. It was easy since the last 2 holes on each side lined up perfect with the PP1 splitter and bumper. Where i was confused was the PP1 splitter didn't have other holes that line up with bumper except the 2 at each sides.

In the pics, the green holes line up with bumper perfectly both on PP1 and eBay splitter
The red ones are where the eBay splitter had holes that line up perfectly with bumper however the PP1 splitter didn't have those which really confused me so I had to drill holes at those locations
The yellow ones i just added at random locations using the self tapping screws that came with eBay splitter

Screenshot_20200518-093723_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200518-093409_Gallery.jpg

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a non-PP as well but converted to PP :) I got it from a local member with whom i traded with the RTR splitter. It was easy since the last 2 holes on each side lined up perfect with the PP1 splitter and bumper. Where i was confused was the PP1 splitter didn't have other holes that line up with bumper except the 2 at each sides.

In the pics, the green holes line up with bumper perfectly both on PP1 and eBay splitter
The red ones are where the eBay splitter had holes that line up perfectly with bumper however the PP1 splitter didn't have those which really confused me so I had to drill holes at those locations
The yellow ones i just added at random locations using the self tapping screws that came with eBay splitter
Yeah I just wanted to show other potential readers what it would look like if they skipped the PP splitter and bellypan and just wanted to mount it as is. Thanks for the images, I may end up trying to get the PP1 splitter. I guess the alternative is I can try and sell the PP bellypan since i'm happy with the looks anyways.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I just wanted to show other potential readers what it would look like if they skipped the PP splitter and bellypan and just wanted to mount it as is. Thanks for the images, I may end up trying to get the PP1 splitter. I guess the alternative is I can try and sell the PP bellypan since i'm happy with the looks anyways.
is your PP2 splitter also angled up slightly ? I'm thinking i might put on a lot of screws. And also, yesterday i added these side winglets similar to the MMD style
20200517_160131.jpg

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
is your PP2 splitter also angled up slightly ? I'm thinking i might put on a lot of screws. And also, yesterday i added these side winglets similar to the MMD style
20200517_160131.jpg
I would not describe it as angled up, feels parallel IMO. I was considering some winglets on the front since I have RTR side splitters and winglets coming for the front of the rear wheels. So glad I got to see what a little preview would look like. Could they go under the PP2 splitter or was that not feasible?

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
I would not describe it as angled up, feels parallel IMO. I was considering some winglets on the front since I have RTR side splitters and winglets coming for the front of the rear wheels. So glad I got to see what a little preview would look like. Could they go under the PP2 splitter or was that not feasible?
They could go underneath, that was my original plan. But you have to use some kind of spacer to make it sit flush because the edge of eBay splitter sticks out. So installed it between both of them

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey guys,

Is the proper way to mate a PP2 splitter to buy a PP1 and replace the standard GT one? Very confused on what the proper process is as I've seen people say the PP2 will mate to the GT with the PP1 bellypan.

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How is this holding up long term ? I've ordered one last week and mine is going to be delivered tomorrow. After almost 2 years, i'm finally switching from the RTR splitter to the PP2 , just because i want it to match the GT500 side skirts that i got recently and the rest of the car. I already have a PP1 belly pan and found a PP1 splitter, so i hope this would line up with the factory holes right ?
20200509_152552.jpg
How was the side skirt install? I just bought from eBay and should be here next week. Any pointers? Or under carriage pics?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
How was the side skirt install? I just bought from eBay and should be here next week. Any pointers? Or under carriage pics?
It's very easy, a 3M tape helps with alignment otherwise you just drill into the factory sideskirt with provided self tapping screws in the allotted holes. I put some extra screws in between. I can try to get some undercarriage pics when I jack it up

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's very easy, a 3M tape helps with alignment otherwise you just drill into the factory sideskirt with provided self tapping screws in the allotted holes. I put some extra screws in between. I can try to get some undercarriage pics when I jack it up
Thanks man
Sponsored