Sponsored

If you want here is info for my cancelled 350R order

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
From what I understand, the VIN is not assigned until Ford schedules a build date. Since no more R's are going to ship until March, I would surmise that VIN's would start to be available sometime in February.
Correct. Don't expect build dates until March.
Sponsored

88Saleen544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss 302 GHIG #141
Thanks for the information. I started calling them at 8:15 their time (6:15 mine...ugh) and eventually got a call back from Albert. Supposedly I've secured the car for me. Kinda sad the colors can't be changed at this point but at least it's not black, ain't nobody got time for that.

This is making for a great start to 2016 seeing as how I had already decided that I was going to get a non-R to hold me over until I get the chance at maybe a more reasonable '17 R. So I had a sales person, who has been quoting me MSRP as his selling price multiple times, told me he had an open 350 order. I confirmed it was at MSRP and then drove 3 hours there on New Year's Eve. Once I get there, turns out not only do they have that order but an R allocation. I got so excited until one guy tells me it's $10k over on the 350 and $25k over for the R. Long story somewhat less long, I wasted 6 hours on my day off to find out not only wasn't I getting a car, but the salesperson is a moron.

Anyways, good things here...I think. Plus maybe it will be here in time for the May Nevada Open Road Race Challenge.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Ordered my R on Aug 5 to a confirmed allocation.
Last week FP confirmed order in system and still "unscheduled/material hold". No word on when a build date will get established.

I guess I may get a car in May. I ordered the base R, so it has more unique dash pieces, so it will probably get built last. :mad::shrug:

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Ordered my R on Aug 5 to a confirmed allocation.
Last week FP confirmed order in system and still "unscheduled/material hold". No word on when a build date will get established.

I guess I may get a car in May. I ordered the base R, so it has more unique dash pieces, so it will probably get built last. :mad::shrug:
The good news is that all of us R guys are getting the same information. I, too, am being told they have the order but it is on unscheduled material hold. Bad news, of course, is don't expect anything anytime soon. I have mentally prepared myself for an April'ish delivery.

Sponsored

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Kinda sad the colors can't be changed at this point but at least it's not black, ain't nobody got time for that.
Color/options can be changed by the dealer until its scheduled. Is the car scheduled for production?

88Saleen544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss 302 GHIG #141
Color/options can be changed by the dealer until its scheduled. Is the car scheduled for production?
That's very interesting. I don't think it's been scheduled yet. It does not have a VIN yet.

I sent him an email checking for more information on this. Probably won't hear til Monday but I hope this is the case. Thanks.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
That's very interesting. I don't think it's been scheduled yet. It does not have a VIN yet.

I sent him an email checking for more information on this. Probably won't hear til Monday but I hope this is the case. Thanks.
No VIN means it's not scheduled. They can go in an alter the color and options.

OP
OP

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
Should be able to change colors. Glad it worked out for you and them.

Sponsored

88Saleen544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss 302 GHIG #141
Thank you all for the advice. They were able to change the color for me. So here is what I went with:

Avalanche Gray
Painted Black Roof
No Stripes

Now I have two choices of what to do when it comes in:

1) Full wrap in a Gulf Oil heritage style
-Always loved this but can't picture it on the car, so I'm a bit wary..especially with my first quote for this being $2800

2) Blue R-Stripes with the red accent
-Since Ford won't do them on Avalanche, I got a quote from a shop that'll replicate them for $550...which, ironically, is less than they are from the factory and almost certainly less that Ford replacement parts.

I welcome anyone's opinion on this though at the moment I am leaning towards the stripes.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That's a horrible color combo - you should pick something else.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thank you all for the advice. They were able to change the color for me. So here is what I went with:

Avalanche Gray
Painted Black Roof
No Stripes

Now I have two choices of what to do when it comes in:

1) Full wrap in a Gulf Oil heritage style
-Always loved this but can't picture it on the car, so I'm a bit wary..especially with my first quote for this being $2800

2) Blue R-Stripes with the red accent
-Since Ford won't do them on Avalanche, I got a quote from a shop that'll replicate them for $550...which, ironically, is less than they are from the factory and almost certainly less that Ford replacement parts.

I welcome anyone's opinion on this though at the moment I am leaning towards the stripes.
I would go with the factory black/red accent stripes and if you get bored, over-lay blue stripes from big worm :). I think the black roof/AG/black stripe R's look great.

But Oxford White+Black roof+factory blue/red stripes is also equally stunning (if I was able to secure an R, this is what I would order)

Congrats on the car, I was going to try to snag this one but got caught out of town in crazy holiday traffic