Sponsored

If the new s650 has a v8 hybrid, does that mean it will be more expensive to maintain?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
In general people say that hybrids are nice when they are new but over time when the electrical components need servicing it can get pretty pricey. Even with something as simple as a prius. So would it be better to buy now since you can get a simple 5.0 v8 without any faff?

How much faster do you think the s650 GT will be? If this dogshit market is the new normal and I have to pay the price of a new stang i figure it may be better to wait 2 years (1 for the s650 + 1 to avoid first year bugs) though on the other hand if I can snag a second hand 5.0 for a reasonable price i may do that instead
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
In general people say that hybrids are nice when they are new but over time when the electrical components need servicing it can get pretty pricey. Even with something as simple as a prius. So would it be better to buy now since you can get a simple 5.0 v8 without any faff?

How much faster do you think the s650 GT will be? If this dogshit market is the new normal and I have to pay the price of a new stang i figure it may be better to wait 2 years (1 for the s650 + 1 to avoid first year bugs) though on the other hand if I can snag a second hand 5.0 for a reasonable price i may do that instead
Your asking questions that no one really has solid answers for now. We do know the there will be a V8 in the S650. We do not know if a hybrid of some kind will be available. We certainly do not have any performance information yet.

Yes, adding parts and complexity will add to servicing costs doen the road. Doesn’t matter if it is Prius or a Ferrari.

You have discussed purchasing options in a number of you other posts. You need to decide what you are looking for and go from there. Buy now, or wait 2 years is solely up to you. Your magic ball is as good as any of ours.

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016, Shadow 2009, DS3 2012
Yes, honestly cars get more complex every generation. It's not just mechanics anymore, there's a lot of programming/computers involved.

Will it be faster? Probably, they'll probably squeeze out a few more horses. But it might be more expensive too, cars are getting more costly to purchase and to own and the Mustang is no exception.

If you want a Mustang, I'd just get one now. The search for the right price might take a while, but it's IMO better than waiting for something unknown.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What’s faff?

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Your asking questions that no one really has solid answers for now. We do know the there will be a V8 in the S650. We do not know if a hybrid of some kind will be available. We certainly do not have any performance information yet.

Yes, adding parts and complexity will add to servicing costs doen the road. Doesn’t matter if it is Prius or a Ferrari.

You have discussed purchasing options in a number of you other posts. You need to decide what you are looking for and go from there. Buy now, or wait 2 years is solely up to you. Your magic ball is as good as any of ours.
I believe the increases in the cost of the parts to repair are going to be offset somewhat by the lack of skill needed to "repair" which is likely going to become a matter of swapping parts in the growing majority of cases rather than mechanical or troubleshooting skill. Just a guess...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Even if it's 6 bolts and swap the shop rate will climb to compensate. It's a delusion to think any contact will be cheaper. Only if it's no touch will any savings materialize

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shops will love it at first. They’ll plan to divest some high skilled help until they realize that in order to repair/read/connect they need to purchase some proprietary contraption the manufacturer will require the dealer to have which will likely cost a small fortune.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Given the choice between hybrid w/ an auto trans and a straight EV, I'll take the EV. If the hybrid has manual option, then I would consider it. That said, what is the likelihood Ford would offer a hybrid car w/ a stick?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see they do that with a 1.0 l 3 pot - If they did it in a mustang I'd consider it.

That said, I'm still jealous the Fiesta ST is no longer available in America.
I think the Fiesta is on Siesta.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Of course it will. And much harder and more expensive to hotrod. How many out there modding hybrids?