Sponsored

If I don't get Active Exhaust will I regret it?

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 SPD PREM MAGNETIC METALLIC
Am I going to regret not getting Active Exhaust on a 2018 Mustang GT? My last Mustang was an 11 and I put Roush mufflers on it. Wasn't loud until I gave it a lot of pedal. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I don't get active exhaust, does the car still sound good? And how much are aftermarket mufflers for the 18? Trying to determine if I skip the active exhaust and just slap some mufflers on it later on down the road if I'm not happy with the sound.
For me, get it you will love it. I had to have mine re-calibrated once, but working now. My 7th mustang GT and all had Flowmaster systems. this one first time doesn't need it...And the quiet helps coming in or out in the wee hours..
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get it on mine, and have no regrets. I spent the extra money on an aftermarket axle back. I figured I would just leave it in loud mode all the time anyways, and it was just one more thing that would probably break in the future.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It's not an $895 option if you get a base package it's $3000 because without the premium stereo/8inch display, you can't run the exhaust system. That's why I opted out and spent that $3000 on a Performance Pack. YMMV
I am pretty sure active exhaust is stand alone, doesn't even require 301A according to the build & price, but the build & price has been wrong before. It definitely doesn't need premium or premium plus (400A/401A). I think worst case it would require 301A since it seems tied to the drive modes. If it did need 301A you are correct, it would be $3000.

7YearAscent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Active exhaust is awesome and well worth the money. The aftermarket kits I found were all in the $2500 range. You get a lot from the factory for $895

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Am I going to regret not getting Active Exhaust on a 2018 Mustang GT? My last Mustang was an 11 and I put Roush mufflers on it. Wasn't loud until I gave it a lot of pedal. I guess what I'm trying to say is if I don't get active exhaust, does the car still sound good? And how much are aftermarket mufflers for the 18? Trying to determine if I skip the active exhaust and just slap some mufflers on it later on down the road if I'm not happy with the sound.
I don't have active exhaust on my 2018 and I don't regret it because its already loud. Its already way louder than stock 15-17GT's. Infact it already sounds so good that I tend to forget that there was an active exhaust option for the 18s.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have active exhaust on my 2018 and I don't regret it because its already loud. Its already way louder than stock 15-17GT's. Infact it already sounds so good that I tend to forget that there was an active exhaust option for the 18s.
I don't think loud is really the point of active exhaust. I think be variable is the point. If you like loud all the time, or quiet all the time, its probably a waste of money for you. If you like it quiet on a long road trip or when you drive through the neighborhood, but loud when you play on curvy back roads or at the track, then its probably a good buy. There are lots of different scenarios where it may or may not make sense, so its really a personal preference.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The active exhaust sounds really good and should be loud enough for most people. Of course it is not as crazy as a Borla ATAK, but I think there are cheaper mods for Fords exhaust if you really want to add more sound.

The only thing that Ford totally missed is that you can't setup the exhaust to a fixed value besides the quiet neighbor mode. The car always starts in the normal mode and you have to switch back to a louder Position every start. Chevy did a better job with the car remembering what exhaust note you used and keeping it this way even when shutting off the car (so you can start in quiet, tour, sport and race as you like).
Sponsored