Sponsored

Identify proper OEM parts for GT500?

killbeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4, 2021 Shelby GT500
Hello

I need some parts for my GT500 but am struggling a little bit with identifying the correct ones for the GT500 online.
I’ve found several online sources via google (oemford.parts, parts.ford.com, tascaparts.com, etc.) however except for parts.ford.com I am not sure it properly narrows it down to the VIN and in regards to parts.ford.com it is a lot less clear to identify/find the right parts based on pictures. Finally I could also use some help on how you would properly identify an OEM part on eBay.

Parts I am looking for so far:

1. Right splitter wicker: Based on the pictures I think it is called Fog Light Trim KR3Z-17626-AA but kind of weird name. Also can’t find it on parts.ford.com
  2. Right headlamp assembly: I believe is this: FR3Z-13008-J
    Quite expensive from Ford or ford dealer directly but when you search on eBay you find listings like these Link, but I am not sure it is truly OEM. How do you make sure you got the right and true OEM part?
  3. Right front strut assembly: FR3Z-18124-AE ???
    This one really confuses me as the parts catalogs I’ve found all list of various OEM options at various price points. The term Strut Suspension and Shock Absorber Assembly also seem to be used interchangeably, at least if I go by the pictures?. Punching the above number into parts.ford.com tells me that it does not match my VIN..
  4. Front spoiler lip (Part of the track pack): Believe it is called Valance Panel, KR3Z-17D957-AA
    This is the only one that I didn’t really expect the price to be what it is… after all it’s “just molded plastic”

Thank you!

Ben
Sponsored

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Only one way to be certain.
Go to a dealer with the last 8 of your vin and have them
look it up.

Seabiscuit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Benny at Levittown ford on here is my go to guy for anything oem! Awesome guy to deal with and have very competitive prices.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Only one way to be certain.
Go to a dealer with the last 8 of your vin and have them
look it up.
Unfortunately that’s not true. Their parts system is not populated with the right part numbers for GT500s. I went to purchase CFTP springs using a CFTP VIN and the actual CFTP spring part numbers and the dealer told me “they won’t fit”. I had to go to multiple dealers before one would even sell a set to me. They had to look it up by HVBOM. I’ve also had to order multiple clips and pins using parts numbers that they said were incorrect but actually were exact matches.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Unfortunately that’s not true. Their parts system is not populated with the right part numbers for GT500s. I went to purchase CFTP springs using a CFTP VIN and the actual CFTP spring part numbers and the dealer told me “they won’t fit”. I had to go to multiple dealers before one would even sell a set to me. They had to look it up by HVBOM. I’ve also had to order multiple clips and pins using parts numbers that they said were incorrect but actually were exact matches.
Yep, happened to me with my '22. CV had a tear in it from the factory. Dealer ordered the boot, boot came in and was nowhere near what was on the car. Ended up with a new axle.
Sponsored