Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Of all the Mach 1 orders you have had, do you have an idea how many of them are members on here?
At least two ................ :crackup: :rockon: :party: :bow:
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were smart enough to buy a mach 1 šŸ˜‰
Weā€™ll see how smart after the 2023 is released. If this were 2013 and the S550 was about to come out, Iā€™d be pretty pissed knowing what I now know.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If you want battery in your car then better wait. I don't think there's many things that could be improved drastically regarding driving or looks, at least upon Mach 1. They'll draw from these experiences for sure to not repeat the same mistakes. But it won't suddenly become better than BMW or Porsche. Maybe they'll add gran coupƩ or AWD electric V6 hybrid, but if you wanted those, you could've bought them from different brands. Hyper modern looks would make things worse for me too. I could see HUD being added, more stuff on road to self-driving but who needs that...

So no, I'm pretty sure I won't regret one bit after S650 eventually comes out. At least in Europe there most probably won't be any V8 by then either.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want battery in your car then better wait. I don't think there's many things that could be improved drastically regarding driving or looks, at least upon Mach 1. They'll draw from these experiences for sure to not repeat the same mistakes. But it won't suddenly become better than BMW or Porsche. Maybe they'll add gran coupƩ or AWD electric V6 hybrid, but if you wanted those, you could've bought them from different brands. Hyper modern looks would make things worse for me too. I could see HUD being added, more stuff on road to self-driving but who needs that...

So no, I'm pretty sure I won't regret one bit after S650 eventually comes out. At least in Europe there most probably won't be any V8 by then either.
[/QUOTE
If the upgrade path follows the trajectory established by the S550, Iā€™d expect a better quality interior.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If the upgrade path follows the trajectory established by the S550, Iā€™d expect a better quality interior.
I'd think it'll rather be different looking than higher quality. Small evolution (or rather different take) than big revolution. Due to cost reasons mostly. Better SYNC 4 for sure, HUD perhaps, more software thingies. They could use better leather, better materials, aluminum instead of plastic, carbon even, but this is more of a domain of more luxury oriented brands. The interior is fine for a Mustang. They better keep it retro, only looking on interiour of Mach E or other similar cars with huge display makes me sick.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd think it'll rather be different looking than higher quality. Small evolution (or rather different take) than big revolution. Due to cost reasons mostly. Better SYNC 4 for sure, HUD perhaps, more software thingies. They could use better leather, better materials, aluminum instead of plastic, carbon even, but this is more of a domain of more luxury oriented brands. The interior is fine for a Mustang. They better keep it retro, only looking on interiour of Mach E or other similar cars with huge display makes me sick.
I think improved leather, better beefier steering wheel, improving the glove compartment and the kick panel/side panel plastic to a better grade would be really nice.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I think improved leather, better beefier steering wheel, improving the glove compartment and the kick panel/side panel plastic to a better grade would be really nice.
while i would love all that as well, my concern would be the effect it has on the overall cost of the vehicle. i don't know what my cutoff number would be for a mustang but the higher the price climbs, the more i would look towards a German car instead i'm afraid. at some price point i'm not willing to sacrifice things like panel gaps and interior finishes. with the Mach 1 i felt comfortable at the price for what it offered. i'll take an improved fit/finish but raise the price high enough to offset it and i might have another audi in the garage instead

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
while i would love all that as well, my concern would be the effect it has on the overall cost of the vehicle. i don't know what my cutoff number would be for a mustang but the higher the price climbs, the more i would look towards a German car instead i'm afraid. at some price point i'm not willing to sacrifice things like panel gaps and interior finishes. with the Mach 1 i felt comfortable at the price for what it offered. i'll take an improved fit/finish but raise the price high enough to offset it and i might have another audi in the garage instead
Thatā€™s an interesting take. In mass production, I canā€™t imagine these small improvements costing a lot, but the success in customer perception of quality worth it for the cost.
It seems the overall build quality has improved at flat rock of late.
I see many less build quality complaints compared to 2015, so thatā€™s a good thing. An Audi just wouldnā€™t do it for me, and neither do cars similar. Mustang is too unique to fairly compare it to anything else in my mind. YMMV.
Iā€™ll readily admit the aforementioned are really nice cars, but Iā€™d have to be at upper Porsche level to even consider tearing me away from the Mustang.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Thatā€™s an interesting take. In mass production, I canā€™t imagine these small improvements costing a lot, but the success in customer perception of quality worth it for the cost.
It seems the overall the build quality has improved at flat rock of late.
I see many less build quality complaints compared to 2015. So, thatā€™s a good thing. An Audi just wouldnā€™t do it for me, and neither do cars similar. Mustang is too unique to fairly compare it to anything else in my mind. YMMV.
I agree thereā€™s really nothing to compare to the mustang, especially coming out of Germany. Iā€™ve just been really happy with my Audi and if the mustang price got too close to something like my Audi, I think I would have a hard time buying the Ford. With that said Iā€™ve been more than satisfied with the build quality of my Mach 1

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I like the Mach 1 looks but the reviews have not been good. Its like a parts car and not a complete one and why did ford not put the GT500 front suspension under the Mach 1 so it would not tramline down the road. That would have made the car so much more enjoyable. As it is at least on my roads it will wear you out trying to keep it straight down the road. The ride is too stiff and not in a good way. I had a GT350 and it felt so much better in the ride department. They could just have given it the GT350 chassis with the GT500 front suspension, a Mach 1 look and the cheaper 5.0 and been done with it. That would have been an epic car with a perfect chassis and aftermarket support for the power plant. What a car we could of have. Instead we got a parts bin car. Unless you have allot money Ford going to cheap out on you somehow.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I agree thereā€™s really nothing to compare to the mustang, especially coming out of Germany. Iā€™ve just been really happy with my Audi and if the mustang price got too close to something like my Audi, I think I would have a hard time buying the Ford. With that said Iā€™ve been more than satisfied with the build quality of my Mach 1
I'm probably a bad example but went from 3 Mustangs to an Audi S4 and wasted 18 months of my life... what a nightmare. It shouldn't take 3 days in the shop and having to remove the supercharger to replace the thermostat. I could go on and on, it was in the shop more than in my garage.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What a car we could of have. Instead we got a parts bin car. Unless you have allot money Ford going to cheap out on you somehow.
Where is this coming from, really? Did you drive it? Have you actually seen any of the dozens of reviews that praise it as using the best available parts to make a car that's better than sum of its parts? Not single one talked about parts bin car in a bad way. Swap out the tyres for PS4S for street and there's no tramlining even with wide tyres. The ride isn't harsh, many said it's actually bit softer than they expected even in sport settings. It's a car made for the track, it can't be too soft, they praize it for the balance they achieved, actually. This must go from the Autoblog review, right?

The tramlining is actually improved in comparison to GT350 or PP2 with GT500 steering I-shaft and John Oliver's tuning, read here: https://www.fordmuscle.com/features...ach-1-pushes-the-non-shelby-s550-to-its-peak/
Sponsored

Last edited: