Sponsored

IAT 103 and cylinder head temp is 220 ish. Is that too high? When should I be worried ?

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
If it is the 160 degree it is known to run hotter than the stock Tstat
What do you recommend I do? Replace it with what? I also never hear any fans turn on 🤔
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
If your tstat is 160 F then it's wide open at your current temperature. What's causing the higher reading is that the cooling fan isn't operating; that's controlled by the PCM. If you're just parked and idling, the temp will continue to climb until it reaches the temp that the PCM is programmed to turn the cooling fan on. What you need to do is drive the car at 60 mph cruising on a flat highway and see where the temperature lands. I'm sure it'll be below 200 degs. My car is over 200 if I'm sitting there or driving in a parking lot; on the highway it'll fluctuate between 192 and 198 degs. and I think it has a 192 F tstat like most newer cars with high-temp tstat.

I thought it was the best one because of the lower temperature. I don’t even hear any fans coming on. How do I make adjustments to when it does or know when it’s supposed to turn on? It is higher when I’m idling. Ill test it out at 60MPH tomorrow thank you

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I thought it was the best one because of the lower temperature. I don’t even hear any fans coming on. How do I make adjustments to when it does or know when it’s supposed to turn on? It is higher when I’m idling. Ill test it out at 60MPH tomorrow thank you
Since you're not NA, you may want to check with the tuner if they changed the threshold temp for the fan to turn on and off. I don't know if they changed those settings from stock settings as I'm sure they changed some stuff with the supercharger on it.
Sponsored