i5 autohaus Reviews

Seanp94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone ordered from i5 autohaus. It looks like they have a lot of cool part but can’t seem to find any reviews or customer photos of the their products.
Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone ordered from i5 autohaus. It looks like they have a lot of cool part but can’t seem to find any reviews or customer photos of the their products.
ordered a new gt500 hood from them. its over a month late... telling me it will ship Wednesday we'll see.

OP
OP

Seanp94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
ordered a new gt500 hood from them. its over a month late... telling me it will ship Wednesday we'll see.
I messaged them about items being in stock everytime the date is pushed back. The last time they told me Wednesday as well.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Did it ever show up?

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Did it ever show up?
Yeah after failing to get any professional communication via their site/ phone/ email, I messaged them on IG with my fairly decent size page and they responded right away and shipped it out that day lol. Hood came in last Friday. Went straight to body shop so haven't seen it yet. Will report back on quality/ fitment and looks.

But seriously what a pain in the ass to deal with, literally was told 6 different shipment dates by the time it shipped. Just think its a small company (1 or 2 dudes) drop shipping parts from China and don't have the resources for customer service or any of the accruements you expect when dropping $1000 on something. I would only buy from them if you're cool with your order showing up 3 months later than expected.

This was a bigger deal for me because my car was wrecked by a shop around thanksgiving and used insurance money to get something aftermarket and cheaper than a $1700 stock hood. Saw this hood was being released by i5 with a December 10-15 ship date, perfect timing! Then my car proceeds to sit in a shop for 3 months while every two weeks i5 pushes back the ship dates.... I would have loved some transparency

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Yeah after failing to get any professional communication via their site/ phone/ email, I messaged them on IG with my fairly decent size page and they responded right away and shipped it out that day lol. Hood came in last Friday. Went straight to body shop so haven't seen it yet. Will report back on quality/ fitment and looks.

But seriously what a pain in the ass to deal with, literally was told 6 different shipment dates by the time it shipped. Just think its a small company (1 or 2 dudes) drop shipping parts from China and don't have the resources for customer service or any of the accruements you expect when dropping $1000 on something. I would only buy from them if you're cool with your order showing up 3 months later than expected.

This was a bigger deal for me because my car was wrecked by a shop around thanksgiving and used insurance money to get something aftermarket and cheaper than a $1700 stock hood. Saw this hood was being released by i5 with a December 10-15 ship date, perfect timing! Then my car proceeds to sit in a shop for 3 months while every two weeks i5 pushes back the ship dates.... I would have loved some transparency
Make sure you post up once it’s all finished.

kilakushan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t had a bad time from them. There was a slight delay in shipping, about a month but I wasn’t in a rush. They did shipping with R+L. No damage. Paint matched perfectly for my bumper. Quality is pretty good to, only gripe might be a small unnoticeable bubble on the black trim. Best way to contact i5 is through Instagram.

Ordered a GT500 conversion rear bumper that should be coming this weekend.

If you don’t mind waiting a bit, id definitely go through them.
538D471A-2937-4C44-9E11-460BFF1FDAE9.jpeg
AE0BAB33-606C-4F36-BC02-60126B9445E9.jpeg

galvin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I just ordered a 18-19 gt350 bumper threw them and got message on Instagram that it shipped same day I ordered.
They respond to Instagram messages very quickly.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
I don't have any experience with i5 Autohaus but I do with Ikon, I have their GT350 style front bumper and it has been a nightmare. The three piece splitter doesn't stay together after multiple rivets and different bolts and washers combination. When I did get it fit on after a drive I noticed the plastic holes where the splitter connects onto the bottom of the bumper (little tabs) have all broken.
Also the bend at the bumper between the bottom grille and where the fog lights would normally be have split leaving the bumper just sagging at one side.

Stay away from Ikon's GT350 style bumper and if you do purchase it, buy one where they will provide a one piece splitter.

Sponsored

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I also have experience with Ikon. I ordered their GT350 bumper and fenders for my 15 GT when i had it still. The fenders i ordered through Amazon and got them in 3 days. The bumper came directly from there and it took over a week to get. When i got it, the bumper was damaged like the corner that lines up to the headlight was cut with a box cutter. The phone number they had, no one was answering and on the email i had it was getting sent back. I had to open a dispute through Paypal. Ikon waited till the end of the time limit to respond and when they did only wanted to discount what i paid for the bumper. I talked to my body shop and they said it was trash as the bumper would never line up right or look right as it was too much to fill in and would always break off. I had to pay half of the restocking fee and ship it back with a refund to what i paid. Yeah it cost me to do business with them all because of crappy packaging. I don't know if it was damaged by the freight shipper or when it was sent but either way dealing with them cost me money. I sold the fenders and ended up getting a very good deal on a 19 GT.

On a side note. I have the Anderson Composites ST decklid and when i got it, it was damaged. Anderson Composites did an excellent job of resolving the issue.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I feel like both Ikon and i5 get their bumpers from the same vendor.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
I feel like both Ikon and i5 get their bumpers from the same vendor.
i5's is different, I think they get theirs from who supplies MP concepts

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

any update on the hood?

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
any update on the hood?
Yeah it eventually came and turned out great. Fitment was great and paint went on well. Only downside to the hood is that it shakes quite a bit at speed, and its quite concerning considering the reason I have this hood is because the stock one flew up into the windshield at speed.....
Sponsored