OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I still don’t understand how that happened….
Me either but it sure as heck does.

And that’s only to us lucky ones!
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
my 11 year old daughter hates Teslas … says cars without noise are boring …
My daughter is also 11, and is not much of a fan of cars. But even she calls Teslas “soulless toasters” 🤣

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
If I had to guess, I would say they'll probably make something along the lines of the GT350 that is at least a notch above the Dark Horse. Some naturally aspirated sporty performance leader of the brand, whatever name (new or old) it may carry.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I still don’t understand how that happened….
First step is...you blink.

Second step... Oops too late.... There's only one step. Poof! You're old!

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
If I had to guess, I would say they'll probably make something along the lines of the GT350 that is at least a notch above the Dark Horse. Some naturally aspirated sporty performance leader of the brand, whatever name (new or old) it may carry.
I think anything above the DH will be boosted. Feel like DH is going to be their top NA trim for now. But I do think something comes in between the GTD (unobtainnium) and DH, just boosted up to the 700 HP range.

Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Also, Ford is under huge pressure to cut costs and warranty expense. That’s going to push them to take LESS risk…and producing once in a generation unique/special machines like the 350 requires a healthy risk appetite. So I stick with my answer above…NO, we likely won’t see something like the 350 again. Engine, analog feeling interior, etc.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Im gonna go and say this knowing its probably a blasphemous statement on this site...but as much as people love to talk about the performance of the GT350...its not a fast car. Now, was it a proper track car? Is it indredibly fun to drive with its manual trans? Would i love to have one for a fun weekend car? Does is live up to the Shelby name, legacy, heritage, soul, and character?

Yes to all.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Im gonna go and say this knowing its probably a blasphemous statement on this site...but as much as people love to talk about the performance of the GT350...its not a fast car. Now, was it a proper track car? Is it indredibly fun to drive with its manual trans? Would i love to have one for a fun weekend car? Does is live up to the Shelby name, legacy, heritage, soul, and character?

Yes to all.
Define fast

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Define fast
I was typing a very similar response as your post hit.

Your comment is 100% spot on. Everything is relative and while his post isn’t necessarily inaccurate one must frame the context.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL yeah simulator. Not even remotely close to the real thing, it was laughable actually. Mid-90’s for me, so pretty much all the drivers ed cars were auto’s at that point (all Ford Taurus at my school).

Luckily my dad’s car was a manual, so he taught me in a real car. Learning to drive a manual in the snow in an empty parking lot was fun 🤭

My dad is back in a manual again after a long hiatus, so he’s going to teach my son this summer when he starts drivers ed. He’s better at teaching it than I am.
granturismo.jpg

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Yes to all.
Dang.. mine feels plenty fast. It's 526HP, step on it and it will go. But once again... define fast for each person.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Also, Ford is under huge pressure to cut costs and warranty expense. That’s going to push them to take LESS risk…and producing once in a generation unique/special machines like the 350 requires a healthy risk appetite. So I stick with my answer above…NO, we likely won’t see something like the 350 again. Engine, analog feeling interior, etc.
This... (need to click link to watch on you tube)

and this..

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Yes to all.
I would have agreed with you until i just changed my throttle body and intake. On e85 my car makes me a little nervous. It now breaks the tires from a first gear roll with no clutch dump. It no longer falls on its face. Peppy and fun - the way i like my women. (don't tell my wife)
Sponsored