Sponsored

I will have a whipple 1 yr from today :)

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
VMP, Edelbrock, then Whipple. The TVS is very stout down low, the Whipple, very much improved over stock in the "down low" department, but not as torquey as a TVS in the lower RPM range.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
VMP, Edelbrock, then Whipple. The TVS is very stout down low, the Whipple, very much improved over stock in the "down low" department, but not as torquey as a TVS in the lower RPM range.
When it comes time to demand high RPM power for max effort, the Whipple does shine in that PD category for sure. How many will really utilize that though? I sure hope you do ;). Eventually anyway.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I absolutely run it out. I'm digging power up top.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. PD is instant. A TVS hits harder on the throttle smash than a Whipple by nature.

Marketing is ingenious. Whipple did it right as they are right next to “Windex” “Q-tip”
This is my experience. I had a 2014 with a TVS and the torque was there at like 2000 rpm. Now on my 2022 with the Whipple the torque comes on around 3500 rpm. Ive heard there is a (cant remember the exact terminology) a boost control that prevents boost before the 3500 range. For the power it makes (Whipple) I enjoy having less power in the low rpm range for streetability.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Truth

Whipple is a twin screw design if I remember right.

TVS is a PD.

PD style blowers hit the hardest right off the pedal of any power adder you can buy.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I am talking about not blowing off the tires at 2500. The Coyote breathability and power is best from 3500-4000 up to 7000-7500. This is where the TVS lacks (up top) and the 3.0 liter Whipple breathes very well

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Truth

Whipple is a twin screw design if I remember right.

TVS is a PD.

PD style blowers hit the hardest right off the pedal of any power adder you can buy.
Both are Positive Displacement compressors.

Whipple is Twin Screw yes.
TVS is Roots.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is my experience. I had a 2014 with a TVS and the torque was there at like 2000 rpm. Now on my 2022 with the Whipple the torque comes on around 3500 rpm. Ive heard there is a (cant remember the exact terminology) a boost control that prevents boost before the 3500 range. For the power it makes (Whipple) I enjoy having less power in the low rpm range for streetability.
That’s why my street setup still hooks like a motherfucker. Traction first, power next…. :)

Sponsored

docmogas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I need 50 state carb legal (so I'm also counting on whipple to get that done in a yr lol), and want instant torque down low

seems like pd is most fun for a manual street driven car (no racing or launching) and whipple is the most "state of the art"
I'm waiting for the same reason. A rep at Whipple said they are just waiting on C.A.R.B. to approve for 22 and 23 model years.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'll be where I want financially to blow 11k (I'm overestimating 3k for install) + have enough for a replacement engine in about a year

Also since there'll be a memorial day sale :fingerscrossed:

just felt like putting this out there since it'll be funny to look back on
That's a goal to shoot for 100%!!!

When you're ready be sure to hit me up and I'll get you a killer deal brother!

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
Sponsored