OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I have the Craig's bracket. Put it on 2 years ago in August and after several months of high heat and humidity, the glue started to loosen. I didn't realize at first but it looked like someone was trying to pull it off. No one messed with it....just the adhesive loosening and causing it to droop. I called Craig's and received same response OP got......I was able to just purchase the replacement bracket with the stud. Its' been curing in place for over a year now....haven't reattached the license plate. So far I've been lucky and have not been pulled over for no front plate.
I can see Craig's response to me because he thought I over-torqued it. (I didn't), but you should have gotten a free one. I guess he thinks you didn't apply the adhesive correctly? Not cool.
Sponsored

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to add that when I contacted Sly Brackets and mentioned during conversation that I would not be using the leveler kit, he immediately offered to refund the price. I ended up putting it on but then not using it so I'm not going to return a used item, besides I'm too lazy for that small amount. I was very happy with their quick return texts to me even late on Sunday when I figured I would get an answer in the next time.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I sure would be looking for a plate solution that off-sets the mount & plate, as the Sly's blocks air coming in for the rad & A/C.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sure would be looking for a plate solution that off-sets the mount & plate, as the Sly's blocks air coming in for the rad & A/C.
Good thought. I'm sure that is why the factory plate mount is where it is. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I have issues. If I have to I'll drill the bumper for the factory mount before I mount the plate offset from center. I'm strange about having to have things centered. LOL

ghstrydr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Convertible
$80 for the Sly Bracket, if you want the leveler it's $15 more. I'm just glad there are options to drilling. Before finding Sly Brackets I was going to put the factory mount on which is not attractive in my opinion.
The hole you need to drill is small and can be capped with a panel fastener if needed. You are correct, it is good to have options.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Good thought. I'm sure that is why the factory plate mount is where it is. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if I have issues. If I have to I'll drill the bumper for the factory mount before I mount the plate offset from center. I'm strange about having to have things centered. LOL
I've seen S550s with off-set mounts in my area, so I know at least one exists. Don't drill into your bumper cover, that's sacrilege. Just keep looking.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raised the mount up as far as possible with stock mounts and brackets and it came up around an inch or so. The plate is now only blocking about half the grill and looks a lot better.

last sly 1.jpg

last sly 2.jpg

last sly 3.jpg

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have used the Craig's bracket. No issues so far.

I may loosen up the round knob and slip a little anti-seize compound on it so it reduces the chance of loosening up. I do not plan on removing it for car shows.

thanks

CVCAshmere

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'd highly recommend just getting a plate bumper sticker made, and ditching that front plate......if you're frightened of driving without one.
1692291466731.png

1692291536322.png

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
Really happy with the Sly license bracket. No issues with coming loose, it's beefy. Also I don't need to use a license plate frame to stiffen the plate like the Craig's. I don't track the car but if I did I could remove the plate in less than 60 seconds. Hell I could remove the bracket too in about 2 minutes. Not worried about it causing any heating issues with street driving.

Sponsored

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Did you have any trouble getting the Craig's adhesive piece off? Any issues with the clear coat? I'm torn between the Craig's and the ZL1 addons. Craig's is cheaper and far easier, but my concern would be if I ever want to remove it and maybe the adhesive isn't easy to get off/would damage clear coat upon removal. ZL1 addons seems great (especially because it can also be used for a tow hook) but is more expensive and the install is finnicky

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have any trouble getting the Craig's adhesive piece off? Any issues with the clear coat? I'm torn between the Craig's and the ZL1 addons. Craig's is cheaper and far easier, but my concern would be if I ever want to remove it and maybe the adhesive isn't easy to get off/would damage clear coat upon removal. ZL1 addons seems great (especially because it can also be used for a tow hook) but is more expensive and the install is finnicky
The adhesive is a pain to get off but if you take your time it comes off. Slow and steady, if you get aggressive you could damage the clear coat. That being said I took mine off right away because the single stud mount would not stay tight and the back rubber pads on the rear touch the paint. I don't see how that wouldn't cause rub marks eventually. So mine was not on for long. I don't know if it would be harder to remove once it gets a few years on it. I can only assume it would be harder to remove the longer it is on.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Darn! Sly's doesn't fit. They do get points for fastest response ever though!

2024-02-28_11h17_24.png
Sponsored