Sponsored

I think the 21-23 Mach 1 might just be the best bang-for-your-buck specialty Mustang we’re likely to ever see from Ford again

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
PP2 is the best value pick right now IMO.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
PP2 is the best value pick right now IMO.
If you already own it, then yes. Otherwise, is it really? PP2 was my dream car from 2018 btw.
You lack coolers for endurance, praised Tremec for manual, no option of 10R80 which despite the manual guys is splendid in the curves and on the track too. Barely used PP2 or beaten to death on the track PP2 is another question. Worth it for 10-15k less?

If you want a track-ready Mustang, Mach 1 checks all the boxes even for serious use. And it serves a great basis if you want to fine tune it to your needs.

In the end, it depends on how deep are your pockets, how much do you fear used and abused performance cars, and if you'll be taking it to the track at all.

But beside the track factor, being mildly more expensive than Premium GT PP1, with all the other parts and unique look and cool retro name etc., Mach 1 really is worth it to pay up. It gives great ownership feelings 😁 Also you guys in USA can be glad you got it so cheap for $4000 over Premium GT PP1 because here in Europe I paid $13000 more for standard Mach 1 over Premium GT PP1.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You can easily bypass that skip shift either with a fuse or a plug in module.
I just had the plunger removed. Though I also had the pigtail. My challenger does it occasionally but I just remember to use more throttle.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I'm basing my opinion on used car prices right now. Obviously, your local market will vary.
A 2012-2014 Boss 302 is commanding $34k~
A 2012-2014 Boss 302 LS Edition is unworldly expensive
A PP2 is $36k~
A Mach 1 HP is commanding $57k~

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There a royal crimson PP2 down in Tampa with a Whipple to boot. Only 11k miles.
Not bad, for how much? Though with a compressor I doubt it's usable for the track anymore, unless it's a really big circuit.

A Mach 1 HP is commanding $57k~
This is kind of weird. I see one used Mach 1 with 10k miles for -25% from our MSRP here.
I guess there's not many used on sale in USA so they ask just -10% from current MSRP.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I just had the plunger removed. Though I also had the pigtail. My challenger does it occasionally but I just remember to use more throttle.
I never even knew my Challenger had one. It was much, much less intrusive.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there's not many used on sale in USA so they ask just -10% from current MSRP.
Oh there's plenty available but the dealers are desperate for fools to rush in and buy. It's comical, what they are asking, really.

The Whipple car is 50k which is way too much.

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
So I’m tooling down the road today about to touch 300 miles on the odometer of my new 6MT 600a Mach 1. I’m in track mode and the car sounds like rolling thunder and is pulling really strong. People who don’t even know what it is are straining to gawk at it and my day is just pure joy. I mean, really!

Then I got to thinking: I was only able to get a couple grand off the almost 59K sticker, so call it 57K. Closest new Mustang comparison would be a 24 Dark Horse, but you’re talking 70-ish list plus the inevitable ADM so call it 80-90K. Yeah I know the DH has a few more ponies and some other stuff but it also has the downside things that have been beat to death already. And we all know prices never go down…

I think a lotta folks, especially younger folks, might be able to reach ~57K. But how many can reach 80-90K? So given all the terrific bits and pieces on the Mach 1 and the way the car performs, how could it not be pretty much the last great hi-po specialty Mustang we’ll see?
Nothing special about mach 1 except for those cooling setups from gt350, adjustable suspension, bullit throttle body and front facial. It's a tough call for extra $20k on top regular gt. Unless you track your mustang, i don't see a need or good deal about mach1.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a tough call for extra $20k on top regular gt.
Please redo your math. It's few grand over GT PP1 with MR and AE. If you don't want either of those then yes, not worth it for you.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
How do you like the Magneride tune? I am just ordering it now. I have pretty much all their other suspension parts already. Is it a very noticeable change?
I won't have it on track until September, but you can feel a change in both the normal and sport settings. In normal for highway and interstate driving it soaks up bumps and the joints so much better and still gives a very smooth and comfortable ride. In the twities, Sport seems a bit firmer and that even seems to help with turn in when the turns get really tight in the mountains. The Magnaride tune really seems to work well with the dual rate springs....they go together.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Please redo your math. It's few grand over GT PP1 with MR and AE. If you don't want either of those then yes, not worth it for you.
Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks about the all the GT500/350 parts in the Mach 1 anymore….. or the car itself. they’re gone.

Hi rpm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N/A
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, Iconic Silver, 6 Speed, 700A, HP
[QUOTE="Hack, post: 3829791,

Yes, the newer cars make more HP, the Tremec is well built and the Mach 1 styling of the front end looks better, but they also have direct injection, PTWA bores and manual transmission gearing that is annoying on the street. The MT-82 with 3.73 rear gears is a lot more exciting to drive on the street.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, the original MT-82 gearing is spot on with a 3:73 axle ratio. Dont confuse the Tremec 3160 gearing with the atrocious gearing of the MT-82D. The Tremec 3160 is way better.
A rear gear swap to Fords 4:09 set would bring all the ratios to either match or slightly better the old MT-82 with 3:73's. It would definitely wake up the car and make it more lively to drive.

But, kiss your new Mach 1 warranty good bye.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. For most of us the Mach 1 will never be more than an appearance package on parts that already were available.

I think the PP2 optioned cars are almost everything you're saying your Mach 1 is, but were available for less $$ and a better value.
This is only true if you take the A10. The existence of the tremec invalidates everything you just said in my eyes.
Sponsored