I think bad roads are wrecking my suspension

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Check the rear upper shock mounts. I got my clunk from there after breaking one. OEM part # FR3Z18A161A is $20-30 and installation is super easy and less than 30 minutes. Alternatively, Steeda makes a pair of billet mounts for $180 after discount.
Worth checking this out too.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check the rear upper shock mounts. I got my clunk from there after breaking one. OEM part # FR3Z18A161A is $20-30 and installation is super easy and less than 30 minutes. Alternatively, Steeda makes a pair of billet mounts for $180 after discount.
Is this a common problem? Is there any Ford SSM bulletin on those - because if broken, they should be covered under the factory warranty.

Is the upper mount located within the trunk behind the liners like in previous Mustangs, or are these located under the car now?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a common problem? Is there any Ford SSM bulletin on those - because if broken, they should be covered under the factory warranty.

Is the upper mount located within the trunk behind the liners like in previous Mustangs, or are these located under the car now?
It's in the wheelwell.

Some have been reported broken, but in general you should not expect to see any failures. The likelihood goes up with a stiffer damper setup like the Koni, though, as its compression damping is a good deal higher than the PP shocks.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

I wouldn't say it is common, but I broke one. Since you have done suspension work, I doubt Ford will honor the warranty for it. Regardless, $20-30 part plus 30 minutes labor if that isn't bad. You mentioned you thought the front was bottoming out, have you checked everything up there? Maybe installer error?

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Well I haven't been hearing anything just driving around normal roads. Even coming up my street I didn't hear any noises. Now I am starting to think it is not a suspension issue because I've gone over several bumps and do not hear anything in the rear. Maybe it could be the differential moving and making noise.

I am curious to see if BMR differential lockout would help this.
Sponsored