I need help with new 2021 gt fastback premium

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
So I recently bought a new 2021 gt fastback premium it has the performance package and pretty much everything on it except the magnaride system. I am new to muscles cars and ford so I don’t exactly know how the car “should” behave from the factory. So I have some concerns and also some questions about it.

First:
I am pretty sure something is wrong with the transmission. When I’m in normal mode it seems to behave like expected except for down shifting it down shifts quite hard. But when I’m in sport mode gears 3 through 5 feels like shifting in a manual it hits quite hard. After that though it shifts nice except on the downshift. Then the real problem that scared me was I was in track mode and going 65 and I hit my brake and it was a little bit of a hard break but it down shifted from 7 to 5 to 3 very quickly and almost redlined me just by braking. Idk if that’s normal but it scared the crap out of me. I am taking the car back to the dealership tomorrow to check on it.

Second:

I expected the ride to be rougher it is a sports car after all. However I can feel literally every bump and imperfection in the road even on normal mode and it feels the same no matter what mode I am in. Now I have read that stock suspension from factory is pretty crap but I still feel like it’s worse then it should be so while it’s at the dealership tomorrow I’m gonna have them check that too. But even if there is something wrong with it. I still want to change the suspension and I’m that note which one should I get? The magnaride or something different? I’m aiming for at least some comfort while driving as it is my day to day driver and don’t plan on taking it to a track or anything but I still want it to handle well so I need some suggestions.
Third and final thing:

The seat is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat in it’s like I’m being poked in the back and no matter how much I adjust it or change the lumbar support my lower back hurts after 10 minute of sitting in it. And I have never really had back pain in a car. Granted it doesn’t help that it feels like I’m bouncing around in my car because I feel everything from the suspension. So is something wrong or is my back just so messed up that that having lumbar support hurts it? If I have to switch it which ones should I look at?

Sorry this is was so long winded but I really want to love this car and I need some suggestions or something from people who had the issues I am having or know how to fix them. I should note while this car was new it had 570 miles at the time of purchase so it had been sitting awhile and I literally bought it on 5/2. Thank you in advance!
I would say depending on previous driver who gave it those 570 miles the transmission had a “learning “ phase so might be just bad habits from the previous driver. You can have the dealer re flash the transmission
And for the ride comfort I would say mine drives pretty smooth and seats are comfortable. Then again it could be because my other car really feels every rock on the road. “C6 z06” lol
Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The AT10 is definitely not great... I've read the Chevy version of the same trans is miles better. I'm hoping for a tune/software solution one day. In the meantime, I've gotten used to it and it honestly doesn't bother me anymore. I normally drive in Sport +. You can prevent the clunkiness on up-shifts with pedal modulation... downshifts to me are fine.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
The tranny (transmission) in my car, hell the whole fecking car was 2 quarts low on oil and transmission fluid, as it was NOT "Dealer Prepped". If you have tranny issues, make the Dealer check the fluid.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I stay in Track mode and my A10 will not downshift into 1st gear unless you come to a total complete stop for couple milliseconds. I mean a total stop, no roll whatsoever. At first it bothered me but it performs so flawlessly otherwise, especially on WOT pulls that I decided I didn’t want to risk taking it to the dealer. For all I know they all may be this way. It does the same thing in Sport+ mode.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I agree. the OP must have faded out and your right he should forget the MR unless he changes cars.
I am still here I just forget to check my email. I have been reading and your right getting magnaride unless I trade it in is unluckily. I don’t know how to quote multiple people but the guy who linked the ford performance thing I might do that. As for the guy who said the stuff about the transmission fluid the dealer said they checked it but who knows.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I would say depending on previous driver who gave it those 570 miles the transmission had a “learning “ phase so might be just bad habits from the previous driver. You can have the dealer re flash the transmission
And for the ride comfort I would say mine drives pretty smooth and seats are comfortable. Then again it could be because my other car really feels every rock on the road. “C6 z06” lol
I have had it reset. In normal mode it’s great now. However in S+ and track it still feels like it gets hung up on gear 4 and 5 and 6 like I can feel that it’s trying to shift and then it finally shifts and then it causes the whole car to to feel like I got rear ended it’s only those gears and only in S+ and track.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Shooting from the hips, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes.

Aftrmat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
You may want to have them or yourself check the transmission fluid. Read some people on here had there new cars with low trans fluid in them from the factory. Just a thought
Sponsored