Sponsored

I need convincing...color and to recaro or not.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
If you're getting a base car and not very overweight, get the Recaros. They are fantastic. If you're getting the premium, stick with stock seats. No cooling in summer and especially no heated seats in the winter is not fun with leather.
I am not even a little bit overweight and not exactly large framed either (6' tall 178 lbs) and I still found the Recaros to be just uncomfortable. I imagine if I tracked a car they would be outstanding but day to day just not comfortable enough.

Absolutely agree on the leather!
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I am not even a little bit overweight and not exactly large framed either (6' tall 178 lbs) and I still found the Recaros to be just uncomfortable. I imagine if I tracked a car they would be outstanding but day to day just not comfortable enough.

Agree.

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
I would go with CO and recaros sounds like that's what you want,yes this car looks good
In many colors so you can't make a wrong choice. I went thru same struggle,my dealer let me order 2 cars for them, one DIB premium 401a,the other Rudy red 400a and recaros.
I will buy RR car

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
I feel your pain. IMO, you can look at this 2 ways; not many dealers will ever order CO for dealer stock. Magnetic on the other hand will be very prolific. CO may give you the wrong kind of attention however and could be also construed as contrived/boy racer.

I don't think you can go wrong with Magnetic, especially if you would rather blend with your very sporty styled car that generates attention on its own. CO will no doubt be more unique though...tough one!

Recaro's; you just have to see how your backside likes them, they are snug!

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I thought I was going to order the Recaros for sure... Until I sat in them at the dealer. I'm over 6 feet with an athletic frame (not fat), and it was uncomfortable. I felt like my ribcage was getting squeezed.

About color, CO is an awesome unique color. I saw one at the dealer. Pictures don't do it justice. However, I wouldn't get it because I don't want it to stand out that much. I am getting magnetic after seeing it in person (unless a metallic black comes out in 2016).

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting. I am large framed and muscular (6'1, 230 lbs) and I found them very comfortable. Must be where the side bolsters hit you. For me the thing that sealed it was the thigh support. So, so much better than the factory seats. I can't stand it when the seat bottom isn't long enough on many cars. Good thigh support lowers tension on your lower back on long drives. Plus I want cloth this time around after black car/black leather for 6 years. It's great in the spring and fall, but so hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
go with that Clemson Orange with recaros and have no regrets! I love the recaros, it is the sole option that made me decide to order instead of something off a lot. Everyones priorities are different, really depends on what you are looking for. I love the wraparound sporty feel of the recaros, and thay also add a degree of sportiness to the interior appearance. Stocks seats are nice also, but the memory, heated / cooled aspect is of no importance to me. Its just added weight that i can cut out and won't miss. If this was for my wife then she would demand the heated / cooled seats.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
I'd pass on stock recaros. Get the base seats and swap later for heated, cooled, powered recaros. Just a thought (I looked into it at some point and they have really nice options you should check out)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I went with Magnetic for the stealth factor. But with Redline (non-Recaro) interior to spice things up.

So you probably should do something else. :D

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I really like the bright, solid colors on the S550, so my vote would be CO. It'll be a sexy car either way, though.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Go with CO and Recaros. You only live once! :headbang:

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Magnetic is just metallic grey.

It's grey. It's not "amazing", and it's not beautiful. It's just grey, and grey is boring.

Someday this grey/silver/black/ phase will pass. Don't be stuck with a grey car. Go orange.

Someone had to say it. :)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Magnetic is just metallic grey.

It's grey. It's not "amazing", and it's not beautiful. It's just grey, and grey is boring.

Someday this grey/silver/black/ phase will pass. Don't be stuck with a grey car. Go orange.

Someone had to say it. :)
^^^ This.

This is why I didn't get Guard -- I really really really want a green Mustang, but Guard just looks grey most of the time, and I don't want a grey Mustang, because like 80% of the cars on the road are black, white, or grey, and who wants to be like everybody else?

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I got magnetic grey I think it's beautiful and when I don't think it's beautiful anymore I'll just wrap it..my plan is set lol

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
^^^ This.

This is why I didn't get Guard -- I really really really want a green Mustang, but Guard just looks grey most of the time, and I don't want a grey Mustang, because like 80% of the cars on the road are black, white, or grey, and who wants to be like everybody else?
Yes, because no one drives blue cars... I kid, I kid.
Sponsored