Sponsored

I miss my car.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. My car is about 3 miles or a 30 minute walk from where I'm at right. Since our shelter in place order I can't really get to my beautiful gt.

To be fair I don't need it either but I forgot to put the cover on. So she will be collecting dust for 3 weeks.

But let me tell you, when I get back to her. When I hear those corsa's roar back to life. Oooohhh buddy we are going for a drive. A long drive to no where. And we aren't going below 3k rpm the whole freaking way. Except for the first 15 minutes or so lolol
Why can't you get to your car and take it for a drive? In NJ the stay at home is basically the same as CA (took a look at Newsom's order) and there is nothing about it that says you can't leave your house. You can take a walk, you can drive your car to go places like get food or medicine etc. You should have no problem going there and putting the cover on. I have several co-workers in CA and they have not mentioned it being a total lock down. Granted you should not go places where there are lots of other people like a grocery or hardware store unless you absolutely have to, but walking a few miles should not be an issue.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Basically in our area as long as you don't congregate in groups you can be out and about. Driving by yourself is self quarantining:)
Never seen so many people biking and walking around all day. Nothing wrong with exercise.
Basically every state with a stay at home order is the same. I agree that people are out and for the most part are behaving the way they need to. Now there are a few religious leaders that don't quite get the fact social distancing means not getting into a crowded building with lots of others sitting next to each other. The sooner everyone gets it (social distancing) the sooner we can start getting back to normal.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
We've started ordering curb-side-pick-up from restaurants that are a good ways from home. Even driven past the same chain closer to home...
Nice evening, top down, longish drive and still within the guidelines!
Yes, driving is not prohibited anywhere as far as I've heard.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes, I’m not driving Mustang GT much since March 18.
BEC88654-6199-4A54-8DAF-B7C10030E572.jpeg
Arrrgh....your Mustang is being polluted by that Tesla! :giggle:

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. My car is about 3 miles or a 30 minute walk from where I'm at right. Since our shelter in place order I can't really get to my beautiful gt.

To be fair I don't need it either but I forgot to put the cover on. So she will be collecting dust for 3 weeks.

But let me tell you, when I get back to her. When I hear those corsa's roar back to life. Oooohhh buddy we are going for a drive. A long drive to no where. And we aren't going below 3k rpm the whole freaking way. Except for the first 15 minutes or so lolol
Since when are we not allowed to drive out cars?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It's amazing how some people interpret the Shelter at Home Order. I've had people tell me they bet I'm going crazy staying in the house and I tell them I get out of the house every single day, whether it be to walk, bike, go for a drive, etc.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It's amazing how some people interpret the Shelter at Home Order. I've had people tell me they bet I'm going crazy staying in the house and I tell them I get out of the house every single day, whether it be to walk, bike, go for a drive, etc.
LOL exactly. The idea is to stay away from people (6 ft ). I have not really seen a case where you can't do that on foot or on a bike and especially in a car. Anyone (healthy) not leaving their house at all is doing their physical and mental health a disservice.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Yes. Love the outdoors in northern CA during the shutdown.
Sponsored