Sponsored

I might be updating my sig all day. 11.06 @ 125.44 off idle!

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yea axles for sure if your gonna use the brake and poss a driveshaft but Man you fit that sucker rolling

My car likes just off idle 1300ish

What’s your shift points?

I gotta order my skinnies, your car looks sick
Thanks, I already have GForce Renegade axles so I just a driveshaft to feel better about using the Tbrake, even though people are breaking on upgraded stuff, it will likely survive.

Car shifts at ~7800 rpms in most gears. I did datalog my passes that day. I will look at the logs tonight and see exactly when it shifted on this pass.
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks, I already have GForce Renegade axles so I just a driveshaft to feel better about using the Tbrake, even though people are breaking on upgraded stuff, it will likely survive.

Car shifts at ~7800 rpms in most gears. I did datalog my passes that day. I will look at the logs tonight and see exactly when it shifted on this pass.

U running lowering springs?
At first I wasn’t sure I liked the 28/26 look but your car looks amazing with that setup​

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
U running lowering springs?
At first I wasn’t sure I liked the 28/26 look but your car looks amazing with that setup​
Its a 28/28 setup. I have Mickey Sportsman 28x6 on the front 18x5 wheels and of course 305/45/17 Mickey on the back.

My car is slammed on lowest setting on Steeda Pro-Action coilovers. Probably 2 inch drop. My front tires are tucked, which is why I went with 28" on the front. It rides nice and 26" would of had me scraping everywhere. I drove to the track ~230 miles round trip on the skinnies, no issues.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its a 28/28 setup. I have Mickey Sportsman 28x6 on the front 18x5 wheels and of course 305/45/17 Mickey on the back.

My car is slammed on lowest setting on Steeda Pro-Action coilovers. Probably 2 inch drop. My front tires are tucked, which is why I went with 28" on the front. It rides nice and 26" would of had me scraping everywhere. I drove to the track ~230 miles round trip on the skinnies, no issues.

That’s right u told me u were 28/28
It’s the coil overs that threw me

Car looks amazing

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good job! Still have the PP1 gears, brakes and sway bars?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good job! Still have the PP1 gears, brakes and sway bars?
3.55 gear
Brembo brakes
Both sway bars still attached.

For weight savings, all I did was remove the seats. Still had subwoofer amp in the trunk.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Super impressive.
3.55 gear
Brembo brakes
Both sway bars still attached.

For weight savings, all I did was remove the seats. Still had subwoofer amp in the trunk.
That's great news. I've been told I should start considering ditching my PP1 brakes and things. But I bought the car to Auto-X too. I've been told I can run skinnies on my car and not mess up my warranty. Do you have any more pictures of your wheel setup?

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are few more from that day. I have no plans to get rid of my Brembos. I may do the Baer eradispeed rotors since they are 10lbs lighter than stock each. The skinnies will not mess with your warranty at all. 18x5 will fit over the Brembos without any spacers, just like stock.
F401FDA3-E70D-4CAC-B161-EBE5D6FC0EAC.jpeg
D5D8CDD9-6601-4DFA-9155-E31C04752B88.jpeg
06D0CEFA-ED3F-4CF4-BD67-F09DC1FD9774.jpeg

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes... I remember those wheels now. Looks great on your color of car. Thanks for sharing! Again super impressive times. Are you getting into 7th much on your runs?

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes... I remember those wheels now. Looks great on your color of car. Thanks for sharing! Again super impressive times. Are you getting into 7th much on your runs?
Barely hitting 7th as I’m crossing the traps.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Congrats! Those are nice times! Mine went 11.15 @ 124 best pass BEFORE I put the QA1 cf drive shaft on with the front skinnies on (28" tall M&H on 18" Recluse 95's). Its so easy, with practice and playing with tire pressure and launch to run a super low 11 in these cars n/a. I just can't justify the cost of going FI, throwing 8k+ (10k or more if you swap out OPG's and crank sprocket) into my car just to run .5 quicker down the 1320 everytime holding your breath on is this gonna be the day my coyote goes boom!?! 20 years ago a true street car running times like this was unheard of n/a! All the more reason why I don't throw more $ at my car, its fun enough as it is and nearly bulletproof if you broke it in properly (for those of us who bought our cars new and could give it a proper break in that is).

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Those are nice times! Mine went 11.15 @ 124 best pass BEFORE I put the QA1 cf drive shaft on with the front skinnies on (28" tall M&H on 18" Recluse 95's). Its so easy, with practice and playing with tire pressure and launch to run a super low 11 in these cars n/a. I just can't justify the cost of going FI, throwing 8k+ (10k or more if you swap out OPG's and crank sprocket) into my car just to run .5 quicker down the 1320 everytime holding your breath on is this gonna be the day my coyote goes boom!?! 20 years ago a true street car running times like this was unheard of n/a! All the more reason why I don't throw more $ at my car, its fun enough as it is and nearly bulletproof if you broke it in properly (for those of us who bought our cars new and could give it a proper break in that is).
+1000 on all of this! These A10 cars absolutely rip and anyone can do it. That 11.06 pass was my 3rd pass I ever made in this car! I won't rule out ever going with a Whipple but it may be a few years because I am having too much fun with the car N/A. I may do it eventually once I run out of things to do on the car. No plans on ever gutting it either. I only take out the seats because it takes 5 minutes to do with my cordless impact driver.

I got brand new Kooks catless headers in my garage waiting for install and also the QA1 CF driveshaft on the way. That's the only changes I am making for the spring other than to start launching on the transbrake. Gonna run the car hard in the good weather as soon as the tracks open back up. I expect to run 10.8 or better like this. Then I will be doing the ported CJ manifold swap over the summer. My goal is to be able to run 10's in any weather but will go for an all-out glory pass at this same track rental next November.

How do you like the QA1? Did you install it per the instructions? Any vibrations? Any tips you have on the install or if you had to do anything to fix any vibration issues you may have had?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
How long have you been on e85? Any issues with o2 sensors? Ive had 2 go bad with stock headers but IDK if its from e85 or what.

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you been on e85? Any issues with o2 sensors? Ive had 2 go bad with stock headers but IDK if its from e85 or what.
Been on E85 since July with PBD tune. No issues at all. I have only gotten my E85 from a local Sunoco station here in Ashburn, Virginia. It checks out at ~85% every time I test it. For this track day, I even brought a 5 gallon jug of it with me so I wouldn't have to rely on some other E85 to get home.

Last edited:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
+1000 on all of this! These A10 cars absolutely rip and anyone can do it. That 11.06 pass was my 3rd pass I ever made in this car! I won't rule out ever going with a Whipple but it may be a few years because I am having too much fun with the car N/A. I may do it eventually once I run out of things to do on the car. No plans on ever gutting it either. I only take out the seats because it takes 5 minutes to do with my cordless impact driver.

I got brand new Kooks catless headers in my garage waiting for install and also the QA1 CF driveshaft on the way. That's the only changes I am making for the spring other than to start launching on the transbrake. Gonna run the car hard in the good weather as soon as the tracks open back up. I expect to run 10.8 or better like this. Then I will be doing the ported CJ manifold swap over the summer. My goal is to be able to run 10's in any weather but will go for an all-out glory pass at this same track rental next November.

How do you like the QA1? Did you install it per the instructions? Any vibrations? Any tips you have on the install or if you had to do anything to fix any vibration issues you may have had?
The QA1 came with install hardware. No tips really, it was super easy to do. Make sure you keep your stock one and its hardware. Zero NVH, absolutely zero change in driveability, but you will notice the swap, the car at launch just feels more athletic with that 15 lbs removed, very much worth the extra money over the aluminum one's which everyone seems to complain about making vibrations at different speeds/rpms.
Sponsored