Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd wait to see what the 2018 holds. It's all speculation at this point as far as the model is concerned, with little more than an R in mule form and some shitty video to back it. You aren't in danger of being upside down or anything like that in the 350 so if you can tough it out until there is more concrete information I would do so.

Everything I drive is a manual so I'm used to it, my daily Honda civic makes about 30hp and has 390k miles on it, so every single time I drive the 350 I enjoy the power and the fact I don't have to stir the gearbox constantly like I do in the dd or in my 13 speed work truck :)
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I'd wait if you can. I'd expect the refresh of the GT to use the GT350 intake and TB atleast to pick up a few HP "for free". The C7 grandsport will also lose its new hotness tax.

Better info on the ZL1 and if the GT500 is an actual thing.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Ive had my GT350 for about 8 months now. I do love the car, its very nice. I thought it was all I ever wanted, but now im second guessing that. For info, I just turned 50 last month, and have had a manual transmission in just about all cars I have owned, with a few exceptions. My car prior to the GT350 was a 15 GT PP, a 99 Cobra.

Before I got my 15GT PP, I ordered a GT with automatic, figured I was getting tired of shifting and break could be nice before I knew I would order the GT350. Well that car was delayed at the plant and then the PP one arrived and I took it, It was a blast. As a family, my wife and I have a 15 fusion, and its nice to get in and go and not shift. After I got my GT350, she got a 15 ecoboost to go with the fusion, automatic. was fun to drive and not shift. Then we recently traded that in on a 17 GT automatic, again, not too bad.

While I can drive either the automatic fusion or GT anytime I want, I still miss the automatic in my GT350 now, and also not having all the toys the other cars have. I actually like the rev parking sensors, blind spot mirrors(the electronic lights), interior lighting, memory seats and actually the torque in the car. I drive my GT350 to work and back, and I don't race it to work, just drive normal, but you really have to rev it up to about 4000 rpm to start to get the torque and power, seems the gt has lower end torque a lot faster. When I do get on it, it seems I always run out of room to really push it, cant redline it without coming up on someones rear end, etc. I love the sound though!!

The more I think about it, it seems like just getting a gt automatic with all the toys of my own would be nice. I did redo the stereo because I did not like the sound, so I have to now take that out, all JL Audio stuff, stealthbox, amps, speakers, and probably try to recoup some of my money I spent on it-over $3000!!

I have looked around lately, looked at challenger scat pack, Camaro, corvette, considered a Miata, but I keep getting pulled back to Mustang. I talked to my selling dealer a few times and each time they said they can help me if I want or just keep it. I was thinking I would just wait until the 2018 GT comes out with the 10 speed auto, but now im thinking trade it in now, get a 17GT for a year, then get the 18 when its out maybe.

Reasons would be if im already in the mindset that im trading it in, its a long year to keep it and not want to spend any more money on it when I know its going anyways, and I can get an automatic now with the things I like.

I also forget to mention I got planterfaciatis in my left foot(the clutch foot) and trying to get through that as well)

My dealer repeatedly has said he will give me at least 57K for mine, possibly a bit more, its the 16 with tech package. I did put xpel on it as well but they said that doesn't help on trade in nor does my stereo so I should take out the stereo stuff I put in if I want. I did pay an ADM on mine, so I wont ever get that back and know its money gone but I was fine with what we agreed to when I ordered it.

its not a money issue, but its seems attractive that I only owe 29,200 on it, giving me 27,800 equity and that before we cancel the warranties, life ins, maint plan, etc that I added up and came to over 5700 I paid, so I would think I would get at least 4000-45000 of that back on cancelling it all for more equity. on 17 GT I found online, one was a Calif special, one was not, about equal pricing around 42K, he said with out my warranty stuff cancelled yet, im paying about 477 now and would go to about 220, that a big difference, and after the warranty cancellations, im thinking maybe below 200 a month. even if I take a depreciate hit and trade that for an 18, my payment wont jump that much.

thanks for letting me vent, still debating on exactly what to do.
Interest read for me since my situation was similar but ended different. I am also 50. I was debating between a new Z06 and a GT350. Every sports car to date was a manual tranny and I never even thought of anything else until recently and for the first time ever, thought of getting an automatic if i got the Z06.

At the end of the day I got the Shelby and was literally just saying to my wife this morning how glad I am that I stuck with a manual. For me, it's a huge part of the driving fun!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you're in a position to get a '17MY now, then trade up to an '18MY in a year or so, go for it. That's an ideal scenario.

Or, perhaps trade against a lightly used '16MY.......then your depreciation hit won't be as bad when you trade up to the '18MY.
Get the '16 for sure, even if it's new. Most dealers have huge discounts on those, to the tune of several thousand of MSRP. I got mine for 7k less than MSRP, while the 17s they had were going for just under.

If you know you're getting an '18 when it comes out, no reason to pay more for a '17 when the 16s are literally the same save a few color choices.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Put a Whipple on it.
Sponsored