I may be trading in my GT350 for just a GT shortly-LONG

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Ive had my GT350 for about 8 months now. I do love the car, its very nice. I thought it was all I ever wanted, but now im second guessing that. For info, I just turned 50 last month, and have had a manual transmission in just about all cars I have owned, with a few exceptions. My car prior to the GT350 was a 15 GT PP, a 99 Cobra.

Before I got my 15GT PP, I ordered a GT with automatic, figured I was getting tired of shifting and break could be nice before I knew I would order the GT350. Well that car was delayed at the plant and then the PP one arrived and I took it, It was a blast. As a family, my wife and I have a 15 fusion, and its nice to get in and go and not shift. After I got my GT350, she got a 15 ecoboost to go with the fusion, automatic. was fun to drive and not shift. Then we recently traded that in on a 17 GT automatic, again, not too bad.

While I can drive either the automatic fusion or GT anytime I want, I still miss the automatic in my GT350 now, and also not having all the toys the other cars have. I actually like the rev parking sensors, blind spot mirrors(the electronic lights), interior lighting, memory seats and actually the torque in the car. I drive my GT350 to work and back, and I don't race it to work, just drive normal, but you really have to rev it up to about 4000 rpm to start to get the torque and power, seems the gt has lower end torque a lot faster. When I do get on it, it seems I always run out of room to really push it, cant redline it without coming up on someones rear end, etc. I love the sound though!!

The more I think about it, it seems like just getting a gt automatic with all the toys of my own would be nice. I did redo the stereo because I did not like the sound, so I have to now take that out, all JL Audio stuff, stealthbox, amps, speakers, and probably try to recoup some of my money I spent on it-over $3000!!

I have looked around lately, looked at challenger scat pack, Camaro, corvette, considered a Miata, but I keep getting pulled back to Mustang. I talked to my selling dealer a few times and each time they said they can help me if I want or just keep it. I was thinking I would just wait until the 2018 GT comes out with the 10 speed auto, but now im thinking trade it in now, get a 17GT for a year, then get the 18 when its out maybe.

Reasons would be if im already in the mindset that im trading it in, its a long year to keep it and not want to spend any more money on it when I know its going anyways, and I can get an automatic now with the things I like.

I also forget to mention I got planterfaciatis in my left foot(the clutch foot) and trying to get through that as well)

My dealer repeatedly has said he will give me at least 57K for mine, possibly a bit more, its the 16 with tech package. I did put xpel on it as well but they said that doesn't help on trade in nor does my stereo so I should take out the stereo stuff I put in if I want. I did pay an ADM on mine, so I wont ever get that back and know its money gone but I was fine with what we agreed to when I ordered it.

its not a money issue, but its seems attractive that I only owe 29,200 on it, giving me 27,800 equity and that before we cancel the warranties, life ins, maint plan, etc that I added up and came to over 5700 I paid, so I would think I would get at least 4000-45000 of that back on cancelling it all for more equity. on 17 GT I found online, one was a Calif special, one was not, about equal pricing around 42K, he said with out my warranty stuff cancelled yet, im paying about 477 now and would go to about 220, that a big difference, and after the warranty cancellations, im thinking maybe below 200 a month. even if I take a depreciate hit and trade that for an 18, my payment wont jump that much.

thanks for letting me vent, still debating on exactly what to do.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you could hold out wait til the 2018 Mustang GT. 10 speed manual and Direct Injection seem to be the needed improvements going forward.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Do whatever is going to make you happiest man. It's only a car

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
If you could hold out wait til the 2018 Mustang GT. 10 speed manual and Direct Injection seem to be the needed improvements going forward.
Yea, that's what I was saying, I would probably trade in the 17 for the 18 GT once it does arrive, but that could be next summer or maybe into late fall, so could be 15+ months away, that's why im thinking just get the 17 GT for now and then trade it back on the 18 and order one whenever the banks open up. I would like to have the 10 speed auto, but seems like saving all that car payment money for the next year could be great if im getting out of it anyways and the value is high now for it at just under sticker price being offered on it on my GT350.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If you're in a position to get a '17MY now, then trade up to an '18MY in a year or so, go for it. That's an ideal scenario.

Or, perhaps trade against a lightly used '16MY.......then your depreciation hit won't be as bad when you trade up to the '18MY.

:)

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good idea, not much deference between '15, '16, and '17. Save what money you can.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Do you really HAVE to have a Mustang?? $57K is a great price the dealer is giving you. I personally would be looking very hard at the Challenger Hellcat A8 or the new ZL1 with the A10. Do you have to have 4 seats? A C7 Z51 or Grand Sport make a very compelling argument.....shit, I was just lurking on Cars.com and Autotrader and found a new Z06 with the A8, 1LZ, for under $70K. I personally would not get a Mustang GT with the outdated A6. If you HAVE to have a stang, hold out for the A10.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I would suggest you stall for a little longer and see what the GT500 comes out with. It's unknown if it will be a manual or offer the 10speed auto at this point. If it ends up a TT V8, it would feel like a rocket with the auto, imo.

Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
2017 corvette grand sport automatic, no question

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
b33ab963d69c8cefa042431be06651d2.jpg

I think he's tryin to shift less gears.
Its called A10 because it's an automatic 10 speed.

Agree with others on holding out for the GT500 if it has to be an auto. Right now is a great time to sell too while value is still high.

There are new c7z for around 70k, also used 3lz models (loaded with carbon brakes) going for the same price. Low miles too!

Btw, there is nothing wrong with an "outdated" auto 6 in the current mustang. It's a stout transmission and part of the recipe to run 9 sec or less with a single turbo setup. Serously, the mustangs are the cheapest car to buy new in auto and get a single turbo kit, suspension and tires hello 9s or less!!!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
b33ab963d69c8cefa042431be06651d2.jpg

I think he's tryin to shift less gears.
Lol, just wishful thinking I guess. But you do know a meant 10 speed auto, right?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Agreed on holding out for a possible 500 A10....or potential Mach 1 A10, if having a Mustang is a must.
Sponsored