Sponsored

I made a dyno video testing 91 vs E85 on lunds flex fuel tune. Need moar testing!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Why would you keep something to yourself that could possibly benefit another member?
Good point.
I have a 2016 GT350 when I placed my order with beefcake I clearly told him I have a 2016 GT350 and that I wanted a Lund Ngauge and flex fuel tune. I want 3 tunes. I also told him I was working with ARH and prototyping long tube headers and a offroad X pipe. I told him I want the following tune.
One for long tubes and off road X pipe
One for long tubes and off road X pipe and JLT
And one for ghost cams.

When I went to Watson racing to do my dyno pulls on 93 with stock CAI and with ARH longs tubes and off road X pipe it was running 14.2 afr at 6000rpm. When I called Terry Beefcake he was rude and not helpful at all. When I finally got ahold of John Lund himself he was disappointed and upset. But since that phone call John has been great.
Moral of the story....don't deal with a vendor.
Also beefcake refuses to think that long tubes don't need tuning. They do!!
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
[ame]

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No I did not flush fuels. Was 5miles to empty. I put 15 gallons of e85 on the existing gasoline. This probably ended up at e60 or so... I drove it for 5-7 mins on the dyno and watched my air to fuel meter drop...Timing increase from 91 to e85 is 5 degrees. 25 vs 30 degrees advanced.

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn't dyno them. I'm not the OP. lambda was .84 on the 93 tune and .80 on the FF tune. But it is normal to try to achieve different Lambda between the two fuels is my understanding. So that's not it. And I was running 93. The OP is in CA so only has access to 91.
I'm showing 5 degree timing bump. Lambda at around 1 for both.

Sponsored

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
if you want the real difference in 91/93 to E85.. that tank needs to be empty and clean of all regular gas and then go through a full tank of E85 and then on your 2nd tank of E85 is when you would redyno it.. otherwise this test doesnt mean much because there is no sense in saying youre comparing E85 to regular gas when your ethanol % isnt there. and putting in 5 gallons of E85 to a tank of regular fuel dosnt change much. even when i run my 93 tank completely empty and fill it up with E85 i still dont hit 77% E. so i dont think your 5 gallon drum of E85 would put you at that high of a E%

Agreed the test was flawed in that way. I'll be doing another dyno day here very soon. Another video to come of just e85.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I'm showing 5 degree timing bump. Lambda at around 1 for both.
You were at 1 Lambda for both at WOT at redline??? Yeah I think I had a really good tank of 93. Wasn't expecting to see 29* of spark on 93. So I wasn't planning for much on E85. And I seen it didn't gain any. But that doesn't mean there was no power to be had anywhere else in the curve.

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, the timing advance from the 91 tune to the flex e77 showed no additional timing? That is so strange. The major gains from e85 should be from the increased timing you would be able to run. Did you log the a/f's for each run? Maybe the e85 tune was more dialed in and that is where you picked up the 12hp?

I show a 5 degree timing advance on good e85. The test was flawed and im positive I'll pick up more power with pure e85. I'm guessing that was more like e50-60.

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice work! Curious, how much 91 do you think was left in the tank and how much E85 did you put in? Also after switching fuels how did you let the computer adjust for the new fuel before the pulls? Thanks

1-2 gallons remained. It was in 5 miles to empty. I put 15 gallons of e85 on top. Drove it for 5-7 mins on the dyno before my e85 pulls. I think the big issue was poor quality winter e85 and it mixing with the gas. Probably e50-60... I'm gunna do another dyno day with just e85 to confirm it all

Fordified302-4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
I will say on my flex tune it seemed it took a few 4 and 5 five gallon fill ups of E-85 before my A/F was reading 10.0 at idle and about 150 miles of driving on the E-85 before I noticed a big difference. it was like the car kept responding better and better the more I drove it. so I think it will be hard to get an accurate before and after unless conditions are identical when you return after a week of driving and refilling of E-85. or maybe its just my imagination :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You were at 1 Lambda for both at WOT at redline??? Yeah I think I had a really good tank of 93. Wasn't expecting to see 29* of spark on 93. So I wasn't planning for much on E85. And I seen it didn't gain any. But that doesn't mean there was no power to be had anywhere else in the curve.

I wasn't watching lambda through the curve. But yea it runs around 1 I think. I'll have to check it again maybe im crazy. I know for sure that e85 vs 91 is 5 degrees advanced and that 5 degrees comes on a lot quicker. This test is flawed to an extent. Only way to correct and or confirm the results is to go back.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I wasn't watching lambda through the curve. But yea it runs around 1 I think. I'll have to check it again maybe im crazy. I know for sure that e85 vs 91 is 5 degrees advanced and that 5 degrees comes on a lot quicker. This test is flawed to an extent. Only way to correct and or confirm the results is to go back.
Typically you would see .80-.85 at WOT depending on fuel and tuner.

OP
OP

alphadog777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will say on my flex tune it seemed it took a few 4 and 5 five gallon fill ups of E-85 before my A/F was reading 10.0 at idle and about 150 miles of driving on the E-85 before I noticed a big difference. it was like the car kept responding better and better the more I drove it. so I think it will be hard to get an accurate before and after unless conditions are identical when you return after a week of driving and refilling of E-85. or maybe its just my imagination :cheers:

No. you are correct. And I will be doing that very soon . second video to come to verify and or correct the results.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
My first fill up on my flex fuel tune I was showing 20 miles to empty on 93 and completely filled the tank with e85 and I was showing 67.1% on my NGauge after 15-20 min of driving. 3 days later I put 4 gallons of e85 to top the tank back off for my dyno session and I was up to 77%
Sponsored