Sponsored

I made a dyno video testing 91 vs E85 on lunds flex fuel tune. Need moar testing!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for making the comparison. Good video too!

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Nice work! Curious, how much 91 do you think was left in the tank and how much E85 did you put in? Also after switching fuels how did you let the computer adjust for the new fuel before the pulls? Thanks

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I didn't dyno between the two but data logs from my Lund 93 tune compared to my FF tune with E85 measured at 77.6% ethanol showed no difference in spark advance. So must have been a really good tank of 93 for me. I'm actually going to log again today back on my 93 tune and see if that log showing 29* of spark on 93 was just a fluke haha. Don't care to see 93 on my FF tune to be bothered with it. I currently have a Mike Rousch tune I'm data logging as well and most I have seen is 25.5* of spark advance. But he is still working on it. I think my PCM might just go up in smoke here soon from all this flashing back and forth.

Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
I didn't dyno between the two but data logs from my Lund 93 tune compared to my FF tune with E85 measured at 77.6% ethanol showed no difference in spark advance. So must have been a really good tank of 93 for me. I'm actually going to log again today back on my 93 tune and see if that log showing 29* of spark on 93 was just a fluke haha. Don't care to see 93 on my FF tune to be bothered with it. I currently have a Mike Rousch tune I'm data logging as well and most I have seen is 25.5* of spark advance. But he is still working on it. I think my PCM might just go up in smoke here soon from all this flashing back and forth.
So, the timing advance from the 91 tune to the flex e77 showed no additional timing? That is so strange. The major gains from e85 should be from the increased timing you would be able to run. Did you log the a/f's for each run? Maybe the e85 tune was more dialed in and that is where you picked up the 12hp?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
So, the timing advance from the 91 tune to the flex e77 showed no additional timing? That is so strange. The major gains from e85 should be from the increased timing you would be able to run. Did you log the a/f's for each run? Maybe the e85 tune was more dialed in and that is where you picked up the 12hp?
I didn't dyno them. I'm not the OP. lambda was .84 on the 93 tune and .80 on the FF tune. But it is normal to try to achieve different Lambda between the two fuels is my understanding. So that's not it. And I was running 93. The OP is in CA so only has access to 91.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
if you want the real difference in 91/93 to E85.. that tank needs to be empty and clean of all regular gas and then go through a full tank of E85 and then on your 2nd tank of E85 is when you would redyno it.. otherwise this test doesnt mean much because there is no sense in saying youre comparing E85 to regular gas when your ethanol % isnt there. and putting in 5 gallons of E85 to a tank of regular fuel dosnt change much. even when i run my 93 tank completely empty and fill it up with E85 i still dont hit 77% E. so i dont think your 5 gallon drum of E85 would put you at that high of a E%

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hope you didn't order your tune from beefcake

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i remember the first time i ever ran the E85 tune and i even drained my fuel lines and ran the car out of gas. i switched it to E85 on a 5 gallon container and the car didn't run right all the way to the gas station because there wasn't enough E85, there was still too much regular gas built up in the car. but that was a true E85 tune not a flex fuel tune. depending on how much 91 you had in the car when you put the 5 gallon container of E85 in i would say you had like 40% Ethanol. assuming you had lets say a quarter tank of fuel of regular gas when you put the E85 in.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I'll keep it to myself. But some people do not listen when orders are placed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would you keep something to yourself that could possibly benefit another member?
Sponsored