I Hate Microsoft

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Microsoft Edge on my computer has now decided that Mustang7g.com is a mis-type of Mustang6g.com and must be a malicious site, so has blocked me from accessing it. No way, no how.

God, I hate Microsoft.
The first problem is that you use edge after it went chromium. Just use chrome at that point. The second problem is that you are still using edge. Just poking at you haha

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Here's why I hate microsoft:

Windows does the following:
  • Your data is continually synced: browser history, open websites, app settings, and Wi-Fi hotspots are all tracked
  • Your device is automatically linked to a unique advertising ID for third parties
  • Cortana collects data such as your keystrokes, search results, microphone audio messages, calendar information, music playlists, and even your online purchases
  • Microsoft can collect all sorts of personal data: your identity, your passwords, habits and interests, user data, contacts, and locations
Yet you have a cell phone that tracks your every move.
Come on. selective outrage is fake outrage.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It's very good option for downloading another browser like Chrome or Firefox. And I really don't get how Microsoft are still in the business with all of there crappy products: Windows, Edge, Teams.
that was a good joke during Explorer era. what's crappy about current version of Edge? :) just wondering as I have moved to it after many years of using Chrome and I find it to be better overall. it's fast, simple, does not destroy battery life on my mobile devices, has great integration with Office 365 and SSO approach. What exactly is bad about it?

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Sounds about right, what's your concern again? 😄
Be careful the last guy got permanently banned without warning.

Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Here's why I hate microsoft:

Windows does the following:
  • Your data is continually synced: browser history, open websites, app settings, and Wi-Fi hotspots are all tracked
  • Your device is automatically linked to a unique advertising ID for third parties
  • Cortana collects data such as your keystrokes, search results, microphone audio messages, calendar information, music playlists, and even your online purchases
  • Microsoft can collect all sorts of personal data: your identity, your passwords, habits and interests, user data, contacts, and locations
Apple does the same thing anyway they just word things to sound like they don't. When you tell an app not to track and not to use your data on iphone, apple ignores that for their apps. Apple is no better than microsoft and microsoft is no better than apple. Just remember every app you have on your phone has access to anything on your phone. Pictures, notes, files, etc.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I write about this stuff for a living, and I've written pieces comparing all the major browsers. Edge is a very good option. It's fast and energy-efficient, supports Chrome extensions, has better privacy/security (yes, including this particular ill-fated feature) than many browsers, has excellent synching across platforms, etc., etc.

I use all the major browsers to keep up, and I keep coming back to Edge for my main systems. It's a personal preference, of course, but saying it's not a "decent browser" is just silly.
that was a good joke during Explorer era. what's crappy about current version of Edge? :) just wondering as I have moved to it after many years of using Chrome and I find it to be better overall. it's fast, simple, does not destroy battery life on my mobile devices, has great integration with Office 365 and SSO approach. What exactly is bad about it?
I tend to agree. I rarely use Edge, and then only when I can't help it. But if I'm honest, I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
I think Microsoft's biggest problem with Edge is reputation.

Several years ago I watched a movie, can't remember its name, in which Robert de Niro was playing a police photographer who was in love with Uma Thurman, who was the whore of a mafia boss played (I believe, if memory serves) by James Belushi. De Niro's character was a pathetic sissy, completely unlike anything he had ever played. I was constantly expecting him to make minced meat out of Belushi at the very first sign of disrespect, but no, he was constantly disappointing me as he just took yet another blow and cried like a wimp. After having built a reputation as a tough man, seeing him play a pitiful crybaby was simply not believable. Make no mistake, he's a great actor and was playing this character exquisitely. He wasn't the problem. The problem was my mind, which simply could not cope with so drastic a change.

Well, I believe Microsoft suffers from the same problem. After years and years of making what's possibly the worst browser in history, they're now making a proper one. But in our minds Microsoft is already established as being crap at making browsers. Edge, for all its qualities, is forever doomed to be regarded as the successor of Internet Explorer, rather than a new browser in its own right (which it actually is).
Unfair, I know, but that's life. Life's not always fair. :)

Last edited:

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I tend to agree. I rarely use Edge, and then only when I can't help it. But if I'm honest, I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
I think Microsoft's biggest problem with Edge is reputation.

Several years ago I watched a movie, can't remember its name, in which Robert de Niro was playing a police photographer who was in love with Uma Thurman, who was the whore of a mafia boss played (I believe, if memory serves) by James Belushi. De Niro's character was a pathetic sissy, completely unlike anything he had ever played. I was constantly expecting him to make minced meat out of Belushi at the very first sign of disrespect, but no, he was constantly disappointing me as he just took yet another blow and cried like a wimp. After having built a reputation as a tough man, seeing him play a pitiful crybaby was simply not believable. Make no mistake, he's a great actor and was playing this character exquisitely. He wasn't the problem. The problem was my mind, which simply could not cope with so drastic a change.

Well, I believe Microsoft suffers from the same problem. After years and years of making what's possibly the worst browser in history, they're now making a proper one. But in our minds Microsoft is already established as being crap at making browsers. Edge, for all its qualities, is forever doomed to be regarded as the successor of Internet Explorer, rather than a new browser in its own right (which it actually is).
Unfair, I know, but that's life. Life's not always fair. :)
This is definitely true. And it didn't help that the original Windows 10 version of Edge was horrible. When they rewrote it as a Chromium version, it became much better, and today it's solid. But yes, overcoming those earlier impressions is a bear.

Like I said, though, I've used all the major browsers, and Edge has its strength and weaknesses. Just like Windows 11 has its strengths and weaknesses compared to MacOS. Again, I use both as part of my job, and I like and dislike them pretty equally. And I have to try to be objective to write useful pieces.