I finally did it

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Forfilled one of my dreams that I've been having for many years and test drove a Mustang GT...a long with the Focus RS. Mustang was incredible and definitely felt like a massive car that pulled like a train in any gear but surprised at how easy it was to drive and the noise was incredible. In comparison, I was more relaxed driving the Focus RS as it's just a normal car and I've driven hot hatches before. I knew though that if I'd have ordered the Focus, I'd have regretted it every time I saw a Mustang drive by so ordered a grabber blue GT. Can't wait till next year.

Quick questions, can someone let me know what the centre console looks like without the heated/cooled seats and also if with Sync 3, I'll be able to use the navigation from my iPhone rather than needing to spec up the navigation option? One of the things i wanted with my next car was a built in sat nav and not having to rely on something stuck to the windscreen.
Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Congrats on the order. Nice to see another in Lincolnshire. 3 of us down the road from you in Bourne. Starting to gather a local section I think!

Next time I see one of the local guys I'll get a pic of his without the seat buttons. He ordered a basic Ecoboost as prefers his TomTom and didn't want the seats.

I believe Sync3 uses full Apple CarPlay so if the apps work through that then it should be fine for Nav. If not the built in Nav isn't too bad. Bit slow to input addresses but Sync3 is supposed to be much improved in that regard anyway!

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Console is almost identical but no blue button or leds I think.

Sync 3 does allow apple maps but I find CarPlay sucks!

If you want to feed the addiction check out my YouTube videos, just search grabber blue GT uk and you'll find my two videos.

OP
OP

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Congrats on the order. Nice to see another in Lincolnshire. 3 of us down the road from you in Bourne. Starting to gather a local section I think!

Next time I see one of the local guys I'll get a pic of his without the seat buttons. He ordered a basic Ecoboost as prefers his TomTom and didn't want the seats.

I believe Sync3 uses full Apple CarPlay so if the apps work through that then it should be fine for Nav. If not the built in Nav isn't too bad. Bit slow to input addresses but Sync3 is supposed to be much improved in that regard anyway!
Oh wow, didn't know there were any in this area. I work in Colsterworth so a few work friends live that way.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Console is almost identical but no blue button or leds I think.

Sync 3 does allow apple maps but I find CarPlay sucks!

If you want to feed the addiction check out my YouTube videos, just search grabber blue GT uk and you'll find my two videos.
COnsole without heated and cooled seats is exactly the same; just without buttons on the left and right of the AC cluster.

Here's a picture of mine (Stock doesn't have the red piping btw)
Red Piping.jpg
Sponsored