Sponsored

Did insurance skyrocket overnight or did I miss something?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have coilovers. However i was the same as you, they flatout refused springs. Coilovers they were fine with as they're adjustable, and are safer for the car, it shocked me when i asked them.
Fwiw, I don't buy this reasoning. I absolutely believe this is what they told you (and you've informed them and there'll be a taped conversation somewhere - "for training purposes" - so you'll be covered) however I think its more down to them not having a clue what certain mods actually are or do. Some agents may know, others may not. Some may refer to an underwriter who knows etc...
My own experience with DL for wheel spacers had them not accepted as "they make the car wider". Well maybe, but not really. Others have been told DL won't cover spacers full stop. Others have got cover with wheel spacers. It's all rather vague at the insuring stage but f*cking definitive when it comes to claims paying time.
My only advice is to make sure they know what you're talking about cos they really don't know what they're talking about.
Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Direct Line wouldn't insure me with spacers, went to A Plan and it cost approximately ÂŁ60.00 more.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My only advice is to make sure they know what you're talking about cos they really don't know what they're talking about.
If you're with Admiral, there are no such things as wheel spacers, only "non-standard wheels". I tried to explain what they were (this is on 2 occasions) but as you say, if the operator doesn't know what you are adding, then you got no chance

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Fwiw, I don't buy this reasoning. I absolutely believe this is what they told you (and you've informed them and there'll be a taped conversation somewhere - "for training purposes" - so you'll be covered) however I think its more down to them not having a clue what certain mods actually are or do. Some agents may know, others may not. Some may refer to an underwriter who knows etc...
My own experience with DL for wheel spacers had them not accepted as "they make the car wider". Well maybe, but not really. Others have been told DL won't cover spacers full stop. Others have got cover with wheel spacers. It's all rather vague at the insuring stage but f*cking definitive when it comes to claims paying time.
DL, and other companies, are renowned for being stupid with knowing. But regardless they will rely on you being less stubborn than them. If they didn't know etc, they should have asked, etc. It's my job to tell them what it is that's about it from what I could find online :headbang:

[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] should have just swapped alloys out lol ;)!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Same thing happening in the US. Once these cars crash, if it's even a fender bender, sometimes they're getting totaled. I know 10 people with totaled S550s and the accident wasn't all that bad, really. Insurance companies figured that out quick.

Congratulations on your new job!

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
DL, and other companies, are renowned for being stupid with knowing. But regardless they will rely on you being less stubborn than them. If they didn't know etc, they should have asked, etc. It's my job to tell them what it is that's about it from what I could find online :headbang:

[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] should have just swapped alloys out lol ;)!
DL have list of mods for their operators to refer to. Ask them to refer to it if they are sounding daft. Stripes and exhausts are on there. No additional charge.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got a Mishimoto CAI in red.
This'll look (and sound) awesome on my car. :cheers:
Sound tube delete, too.

MMAI-MUS8-15RD_2_1.png

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Just got a Mishimoto CAI in red.
This'll look (and sound) awesome on my car. :cheers:
Sound tube delete, too.

MMAI-MUS8-15RD_2_1.png
I looked at them (in blue) to go with the coolant reservoir however as I haven't fitted it yet it seemed pointless. May still do it though.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I'm with Esure, just renewed for the same as last year and exhaust mod declared. Can't complain.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm with Esure, just renewed for the same as last year and exhaust mod declared. Can't complain.
Off-topic but woo, fellow north-easterner! :cheers:
I think I may have seen your car on the A1 heading in the opposite direction to me.
Sponsored