Sponsored

I didn't mean to...

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
$27,500 for trade in? Geez, that’s incredible. How many miles were on it? And if you don’t mind me asking, what were they asking on the GT350?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
That's a seriously beautiful yard to park such a pretty car in.
Thanks man, the wife and I work hard to keep it up and green!

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
$27,500 for trade in? Geez, that’s incredible. How many miles were on it? And if you don’t mind me asking, what were they asking on the GT350?

They were asking 57900. They didn;t get that.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Car looks great! Enjoy!

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
My dealer did the same thing and I just used a heat gun and my fingers and it came off with no scratches.
They literally just put it on as I drove off the lot. Glue didn't even dry. Came right off.

Raspyflatplane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Congrats on the beautiful Shelby! Exactly the same color combination I just purchased! I'm patiently waiting for the break in period to be over!!

Coolhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Walked into my local dealer today to check pricing on a couple parts for my 2016 GT.

Ended up walking out with a 2019 GT350, in Ford Performance Blue, black painted roof and the black/light magnetic stripes.

With the Tech Package.

2250 miles on it... will post images when the sun comes out.
Great looking car! That’s why I have one just like it. We are far enough apart not to clash though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Great looking car! That’s why I have one just like it. We are far enough apart not to clash though.
Thanks man. Yeah they really are sharp looking rides!

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the beautiful Shelby! Exactly the same color combination I just purchased! I'm patiently waiting for the break in period to be over!!
I haven't hit 2600 in it yet... so I'm being careful.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
This was the first time.

I literally drove onto the lot, saw the GT350 next to a 2019 GT in white (no real options on the GT) and said I'd like to check out the GT350. They know me at this dealership. I have bought 4 Mustangs, 2 Focus, 1 Fiesta ST and one F-150 Tremor from them in the past 12 years, So they tend to be decent with me.

They grabbed a photo of my license, and handed me the keys.

And just wow. Flipped the exhaust to sport mode, the suspension to sport and just had a total blast.

I loved the 2016 GT Premium Pack. But jesus, the GT350 is like moving from a 1994 GT to a 2019+ GT.

I don't think I can ever go back to a GT.
I’ve never driven a GT , but I can tell you shifting at 8k plus is a rush in the Shelby . It’s still not close to the adrenaline high I’ve gotten on a sport bike , but that voodoo note sounds awesome with the windows down ! Congratulations man ! Post pics ! You got a great deal ! 2019 has all the upgrades .

OP
OP
EvilMerlin

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I’ve never driven a GT , but I can tell you shifting at 8k plus is a rush in the Shelby . It’s still not close to the adrenaline high I’ve gotten on a sport bike , but that voodoo note sounds awesome with the windows down ! Congratulations man ! Post pics ! You got a great deal ! 2019 has all the upgrades .
Its apples to oranges. The 2016 GT with Performance Pack is a GOOD car. The GT350 is an EXCELLENT car...

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Before I decided to buy the GT350 I could not find one to test drive. I drove a manual GT and was underwhelmed. I found a Bullitt and figured it would be close. But I was not wowed by the Bullitt either, mostly with the clutch and shifting. I could not launch the car smoothly without bucking or stalling (it was embarrassing too!). I did appreciate the engine more and the Magneride over the GT I drove previously. But I left that Bullitt test drive deciding not to pursue the Shelby.

The reading more here, about how different the GT350 was from the GT configurations I made the leep of faith. I have zero regrets. I love the Voodoo, the Tremec, and the clutch is a pleasure. I was able to launch it easily with my 1st ride. Even the Magneride is very differently tuned. I felt I was in a serious track car, but felt FP nailed it making it street civil.

I think due to the Mustang body and interior it is easy to think of the GT350 as a GT+. But the engineering under the body and interior makes it a very different animal IMHO.
Sponsored