Sponsored

Glad I didn't get an R......Curb Rash

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
$153 from rockauto OEM reconditioned wheel.

Glad it was the wheel and not the tire. That would of been more expensive
Too bad they only have fronts or I would order a set right now...
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The rears sell pretty fast but they do bring them back to stock very often.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It happens to the best of us.

For me, only one curbed wheel in 30 years of driving. Happened a few years ago as I pulled close to the curb so that my passenger didn't have to step into rain water. No good deed goes unpunished...
Not sure if this counts as a mistake on my part. But definitely not a driving mistake.

First week with a new car a long time ago. Wanting to be as far from the adjacent space so asked my wife how far was I from the curb. She cracked the door and said 10" So I started to move that direction when scrunch. I looked and told her I had to be closer than 10" and she held up her hands and said I told her this much was 10" when we first started dating.

Last edited:

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Not sure if this counts as a mistake on my part. But definitely not a driving mistake.

First week with a new car. Wanting to be as far from the adjacent space so asked my wife how far was I from the curb. She cracked the door and said 10" So I started to move that direction when scrunch. I looked and told her I had to be closer than 10" and she held up her hands and said I told her this much was 10" when we first started dating.
So you had less than 3" to the curb

paul_g

As many others have said, that can be repaired easily, usually $150 - $250 and come out looking great. Find a good detailer who can refer a wheel guy... or check with dealerships as others have mentioned, especially high-line dealerships (Porsche / Audi / Merc.…) When they take used cars in, they typically fix the wheel rash.

That happened to me on my 2016 Ecoboost, had it repaired, good as new...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP