Sponsored

I bought a Porsche...SUV...what?!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
My wife was due for a new car and we did a lot of research and drove a lot of different brands before setting on a Macan. Her last two cars were Ford Edge's...the '15 Sport we just turned in (from it's lease) was a really nice car. But she's been pining for something a little more 'edgy.' (pardon the punn)
Our only prior P-car was a 986 Boxster S that was terrific as both a street car and, eventually, a track car...bulletproof reliable and super fun. Until I wrecked it at Laguna Seca a few years ago ;-(

The Macan was the stand-out for character and fun and the primary driver for it, my wife, just didn't resonate with the Jag or Volvo options that were in the top three. We narrowed our search to the GTS for it's combination of features and looks that we like...and narrowed the color options to white (either, but preferred Carrara), grey (either, but preferred Agate), or red. My search was primarily for a used one (CPO preferred) and I chased various cars from all over the country.We looked at quite a few GTS's and I was surprised when she really gravitated to the red. I understand her reasoning...she doesn't mind standing out a little and has been driving white or grey cars for the last 10-15 years. We were pretty open on options after a few of the must-have's were covered (prem pkg plus, nav, lca were probably the only must-haves); nice to have's for me were PTV, adaptive cruise / PAS, LED headlights / PDLS, tow hitch (for a bike rack only)...nice to have's for her were blacked out stuff (roof rails, door handles, wheels) and she was really geeked about red interior accents (seat belts, gauges, stitching) and the alcantara headliner (after sitting in a beautiful turbo at our local dealer).
This one's got basically any and every option someone could possible choose except for the more-adjustable seats and the Burmester sound system (this one has the upgraded Bose system).

So this GTS had been for sale through an online consignment place called Shift. (curiously, the only other car I've bought through consignment was my Boxster...and that turned out great) The service, overall, was pretty darn good, I have to say...but that's foder for a different post. (I used to work in the car business both as a salesperson and for many years as a factory rep...so I'm pretty versed in how stuff works...which brings both curiosity and skepticism). It's got all the must-have's and the nice-to-haves...and a whole bunch of stuff that I never would have consider ordering because of the ridiculous prices. Not CPO but only 6 months into it's 4yr warranty and only 5k miles...one owner.

We took delivery of the car this morning and now have 5 days or 200 miles to return the car if I choose...full refund / 'no questions asked.' I'm having an extensive inspection done on the car tomorrow. (Shift does an inspection of it's own, of course, but I want to be super confident in it's condition)
This has to have been a special order that fell through...no one would order it this way for stock. AZ car that sat for a few months, sold to a private party who owned it for 6 months, then sent to auction (Manheim) where the Shift guys bought it. Clean carfax and all...but there's a lot that can happen to a car that doesn't show up on carfax. There are some yellow flags in it's ownership history, but the one private owner apparently took really nice care of the car...interior is immaculate, exterior very nice...extensive clear bra, extra set of porsche floor mats, full weathertech matts / cargo liner, dealer installed tow hitch (including adding the actual plug hardware), all the books / original window sticker laminated, etc...

We'll see how the inspection goes tomorrow but it looks promising. Super nice to drive...looks terrific...and feels rock-solid.

These GTS's are selling for crazy prices relative to MSRP...typically 90% of MSRP for a 1yr old, 10-15k mile car. This one's got a $103k MSRP with about $3k of dealer-installed Porsche options and the clear bra....bought it for $74k...most expensive car I've ever bought. Hope it checks out.
GTS side.jpg
GTS front.jpg
GTS right rear quarter.jpg
GTS left front quarter.jpg
GTS rear.jpg
GTS driver's side interior.jpg
GTS passenger side interior.jpg
GTS headrest.jpg
GTS dash wide.jpg
IMG_8057 (1).jpg
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
They’re nice cars. One of the owners at my practice offered me his Macan S, which he was trading in simply to get the newest one. He loved it. I almost went for it but am holding out for one of the new turbo Rubicons.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Great car, but the price of all the options is nuts to me, Porsche really knows how to rack up the bill. Anyway congrats on another toy

bkrupp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT350
That's a really nice upgrade from an Edge. It's eye catching in that red.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Macan's are great (except for the base 4 banger one). But those options.....Porsche nickel and dimes you to death.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It's a nice car for a lady.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I had the opportunity to drive a Macan GTS for the better part of a day a short while back and after that driving experience I could not think of a nicer SUV for the money than your car.

What an outstanding automobile!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
I had the opportunity to drive a Macan GTS for the better part of a day a short while back and after that driving experience I could not think of a nicer SUV for the money than your car.

What an outstanding automobile!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I can’t compare since I don’t own a Macan, but for less money if you ever get the chance ...... :)

My wife’s stock supercharged SUV Audi SQ5 is a blast, especially when you realize it’s

only a six cylinder, with that 8 speed dual clutch transmission it bangs

through the gears like a rocket ........

Feels almost as quick as her 5.2 liter V10 Audi S6, which is a detuned

Lamborghini engine.........:hail:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Ah, Porsche, nice. Bought me a 718 GTS in March. Still freaked that it does everything better than my GT350.....except sound better.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
OPTIONS.......................................................................PRICE

Leather Interior in Black with GTS Interior Package (stitchi ........ BEND OVER
Premium Package Plus ......................................................... LOL

Aside from the Porsche gouging, congrats on the purchase!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I tried so hard to get my mom to test drive one but she couldn't get over the shape of them. I love the Macans and like the S550, they look perfect with a moderate drop (although it does slightly defeat the purpose of it).

Hope it goes well with the inspection!
Sponsored