Sponsored

I bough the tune from Ford performance...now what?

Boosting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juli
Vehicle(s)
2017 Eco
Like I stated, I bought the tune, and I did installed the CAI.
I download the file to be transferred to the ECU but I am not sure if I can install from my laptop.
I need feedback before trying it...
Thanks.
Ps: I bought from Levittown Ford for $500
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It has to be installed by someone certified or you lose your warranty. Same thing with the CAI.

OP
OP
Boosting

Boosting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juli
Vehicle(s)
2017 Eco
It has to be installed by someone certified or you lose your warranty. Same thing with the CAI.
Really? You don't think any dealer will be ok if I installed the CAI myself? It took me 3 hours ( I know...ridiculous but very cautious to do all perfectly) to install...and now I am hosed if they don't accept...

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
Really? You don't think any dealer will be ok if I installed the CAI myself? It took me 3 hours ( I know...ridiculous but very cautious to do all perfectly) to install...and now I am hosed if they don't accept...
Really.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Step one before buying parts and tunes for a car - do your research.

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Assuming that it gets installed by a "pro", how does Ford ESP view these kits? Will they still remain warranty compliant or is it only from the original Ford warranty?

I have right at a year left on 3/36 and am debating whether to add the ESP or not

*currently slogging through that giant thread in bolt on mods subforum but havent seen it addressed yet.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The dealer was fine with me installing the intake myself. I took my laptop to the car, hooked it up, got the account and the software and downloaded the calibration file.

Took all of it to the dealer and they just put it on a battery charger and clicked the "program" button and babysat it. It took them a few tries because the program quits if the battery goes below 12V. I got charged one hour of labor for it.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Yes really.
Step one before buying parts and tunes for a car - do your research.
Exactly.
The dealer was fine with me installing the intake myself. I took my laptop to the car, hooked it up, got the account and the software and downloaded the calibration file.
Well Ford has final say in warranty claims, not the dealer.;)

Sponsored

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm expecting my kit tomorrow. I've already arranged with an ASE certified mechanic that I will do the work while he babysits the operation. As long as your paperwork is in order the warranty will be no problem.

psssst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang EB Premium
I installed my own with FP Intake and Tune. I have had no issues from FP or my dealer. I used my MacBook with the ProCal app to install it. It's very easy if you can operate a computer.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I installed my own with FP Intake and Tune. I have had no issues from FP or my dealer. I used my MacBook with the ProCal app to install it. It's very easy if you can operate a computer.
Well yeah they dont care if u do it yourself, you just cant register for the warranty and if anything goes wrong u can be potentially screwed from both places. FP does not just take your word that a shop installed it, you need actual documentation and send it to them right when u have a shop do the installation. Of course its super easy to do ourselves, but for warranty purposes a shop has to do it sadly.

OP
OP
Boosting

Boosting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juli
Vehicle(s)
2017 Eco
Well yeah they dont care if u do it yourself, you just cant register for the warranty and if anything goes wrong u can be potentially screwed from both places. FP does not just take your word that a shop installed it, you need actual documentation and send it to them right when u have a shop do the installation. Of course its super easy to do ourselves, but for warranty purposes a shop has to do it sadly.
Thanks for the info.
I got all installed at a ASE shop and I am not lost in how to submit the paperwork to Ford. If you know how and what I have to sent, I appreciate it.
Ps: I got the receipt from the shop, stating what was done and I got the ASE shop #. I took one step further, and took a picture of the ASE certification.
Sponsored