Sponsored

Hurst Mustang convertible prototype

JonW

Too many cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hurst Challenger
Ms JonW decided she really liked the new Hurst Mustang. I have a Hurst Challenger and Hurst Charger, so I suppose she wanted to join the club. In building my Hurst cars, I've become friends with Larry Weiner, who heads the Hurst conversion projects. I mentioned to him that the better half really liked the new Hurst Mustang, but said her next car would be a convertible. He said Katzkin had commissioned him to build a Hurst Mustang convertible for their booth at SEMA this year. He said if we wanted it, we could have the SEMA car that would be on display in the Katzkin booth. Of course, we said yes!

It will be a Mustang 5.0 convertible with the Hurst package, in Platinum White with Hurst Gold stripes. It will be marked as a prototype on the Hurst VIN plate. We had already made plans to be at SEMA, so it will be really cool seeing our car in the Katzkin booth while we're there. The only downside is that it will be close to Thanksgiving before we get it.

Here's a photo of a Hurst Mustang hardtop:

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Woww.... If I was a rapper I'd love that car. (Barf)
Not for me either, but someone will buy it........

It amazes me all the "builders" that are building kit cars and calling them special.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well.........I like it! I'm going to SEMA in November, so I'll be sure to check it out :)

OP
OP

JonW

Too many cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hurst Challenger
We're not putting the gold wheels on ours, they're a bit over the top, nor the front splitter.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Congrats OP!

The car clearly isn't for everyone, I like it except the wheels.

I'm sure you will enjoy it and would love to see pics of all 3 of your Hurst cars when you get it!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We're not putting the gold wheels on ours, they're a bit over the top, nor the front splitter.
I like the style of the wheels, but the chrome n gold is a little much. Perhaps if the chrome where a darker grey.

Probably a good move on the splitter, I can see that being demolished on the first kerb it sees!

I do love the Steeda front fascia though. It's subtle, but effective :)

OP
OP

JonW

Too many cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hurst Challenger
We're going to use the anthracite wheel. This is how it looks on my Challenger: