Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought I'd see the Hummer name again but with the truck and offroad market booming recently, it makes sense to bring this back.

Personally, I like the car. I like the looks and the performance numbers look fun. However, I don't think it'll sell well and ultimately GM will likely lose money on this.

Few thoughts:
1. They brand it as an offroad vehicle but there are no charging stations out in the deserts where you would normally see crawl vehicles. Could be an issue
2. Between the Bronco, Wrangler, Raptor, and Ram TRX, the actual offroad capabilities of this Hummer seem quite unimpressive honestly. The ground clearance is great but they don't say anything about suspension travel.
3. I see this selling to those people who buy Raptors with no intensions of ever offroading but that's about it. Well, I could see it stealing Tesla Model X buyers.
4. No auto air down/up the tires like the H1?? Deal breaker!

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Never thought I'd see the Hummer name again but with the truck and offroad market booming recently, it makes sense to bring this back.

Personally, I like the car. I like the looks and the performance numbers look fun. However, I don't think it'll sell well and ultimately GM will likely lose money on this.

Few thoughts:
1. They brand it as an offroad vehicle but there are no charging stations out in the deserts where you would normally see crawl vehicles. Could be an issue
2. Between the Bronco, Wrangler, Raptor, and Ram TRX, the actual offroad capabilities of this Hummer seem quite unimpressive honestly.
3. I see this selling to those people who buy Raptors with no intensions of ever offroading but that's about it. Well, I could see it stealing Tesla Model X buyers.

It's to get you through that gravel driveway to your house.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
It’s $112k and the more optioned out ones will be $135k plus just can’t see it. No different than how many 100k cars plus on the road it will be a niche market. I owned the Hummers back from 2004 thru 2008 and had them all customized with Super Chargers and all the goodies. Back then 84k LOL all decked out.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
It’s $112k and the more optioned out ones will be $135k plus just can’t see it. No different than how many 100k cars plus on the road it will be a niche market. I owned the Hummers back from 2004 thru 2008 and had them all customized with Super Chargers and all the goodies. Back then 84k LOL all decked out.
It definitely seems the new norm for automakers to have $100k options. Who would've thought there would be $100k Mustangs, Hummers, Corvettes, Escalades, ect

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
stimulus and economy is going to cause 200k cars in next 5 years, crazy how a regular car is now like 30-40k for some base models. isnt the same thing, but man food. some of the foods I enjoy I used to buy 3.40 a bag! went to grocery store, those same bags of food was 9.80

I was quite irked. meat has doubled, and many small items you wouldn't think, like pasta 70cents no big deal, that same box is like 1.29 at my grocery store just in 6 months.

times are changing, for the negative. I just started shopping at sams club and costco and already paid itself back in like a month in food savings vs my local grocerers. Cars/wages/material, all going to go up, thats inflation right? or deflation, when our money becomes less, or products cost more because of defunded dollar.

one of those whatever.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Would much rather put that money to Bollinger if I was in that market.

https://bollingermotors.com/bollinger-b1/

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive never heard of a Bollinger, that thing is pretty rad.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
stimulus and economy is going to cause 200k cars in next 5 years, crazy how a regular car is now like 30-40k for some base models. isnt the same thing, but man food. some of the foods I enjoy I used to buy 3.40 a bag! went to grocery store, those same bags of food was 9.80

I was quite irked. meat has doubled, and many small items you wouldn't think, like pasta 70cents no big deal, that same box is like 1.29 at my grocery store just in 6 months.

times are changing, for the negative. I just started shopping at sams club and costco and already paid itself back in like a month in food savings vs my local grocerers. Cars/wages/material, all going to go up, thats inflation right? or deflation, when our money becomes less, or products cost more because of defunded dollar.

one of those whatever.
Don't forget, our wages will stay the same lol.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ive never heard of a Bollinger, that thing is pretty rad.
Oh yeah! It's badass if you're looking for something like that. Looks like you can drive it though a brick wall.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah! It's badass if you're looking for something like that. Looks like you can drive it though a brick wall.
I just showed my gf next to me, she said looks like a zombie apocalypse vehicle. Things nasty.
Yep, my friends are trying to buy a home right now, they are forecasting rent's to go up a LOT over the next few years, once the restrictions are all lifted (I guess a lot of places aren't even allowed to raise rent or charge tenants rent or late fees at the moment)

with no increase in wages like you said.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I just showed my gf next to me, she said looks like a zombie apocalypse vehicle. Things nasty.
Yep, my friends are trying to buy a home right now, they are forecasting rent's to go up a LOT over the next few years, once the restrictions are all lifted (I guess a lot of places aren't even allowed to raise rent or charge tenants rent or late fees at the moment)

with no increase in wages like you said.
House ASAP for sure! Already priced out of being about to save for a down payment if you're renting. Just the wife and I and zero kids in our house and feel kind of bad for friends with kids in apartments that just can't swing the initial house thing. Sucks cause they pay more in rent than we do our mortgage. Insane times.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
GM knows the type of people who buy this will never go off road, so they saved the money on giving it a truly decent set up. Hard pass for me. If I wanted to spend $130k on an off-roader that I would have to trailer to any place worth off-roading, I'd just get a Ripsaw.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
GM knows the type of people who buy this will never go off road, so they saved the money on giving it a truly decent set up. Hard pass for me. If I wanted to spend $130k on an off-roader that I would have to trailer to any place worth off-roading, I'd just get a Ripsaw.
Now those are badass!
Sponsored

Reactions: XS