Hp tuning ngauge

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Noob disclaimer: I already know I’m likely going to get flamed for this post but i can’t find a clear cut answer.

It’s been over three years of driving a stock coyote and i finally just bought a PMAS and an Ngauge off a buddy that parted out his car. I figured getting a tune would be just as easy as my old si as everyone used the same software. Wrong. I didn’t realize there were two (maybe more?) different Ngauages, one for Lund and one for HPT. I planned to just do a Lund tune as I’m sure they’ve done thousands of these intake only coyotes but seeing as though i have an HPT Ngauge, that isn’t feasible. Now I’ve been searching the forums to find who can tune an HPT Ngauge and haven’t seen anything coming up on here. Either that or I’ve been looking in the wrong places.

I just need a solid recommendation for where to get a tune for my HPT Ngauge. Sorry if this has been asked 1000x, an hour of searching and not finding an answer as well as asking friends has pushed me to creating this post. Thanks in advance.

Also, guy i bought the Ngauge from was dyno tuned by a local. I’d rather not spend $450 on a tune for just an intake, especially when I’ll likely add more later.
Sponsored

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Not sure why Lund can't or wont give you a tune. The gauge is no different between Lunds and HPT. the file comes from HP so it should load up and be able to be credited the same.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Someone at lethal said Lund wouldn’t be able to tune it. Pretty sure it’s already unlocked. I’m pretty confused what the differences are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Contact Rob Shoemaker at Palm Beach Dyno. He tunes those with HPT and is damn good

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I had this same question.

I bought a used HP Ngauge and it's un-locked.
So you are saying Lund can't tune it? That makes no sense.

Did Palm Beach Dyno take of you Vtech?

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I had this same question.

I bought a used HP Ngauge and it's un-locked.
So you are saying Lund can't tune it? That makes no sense.

Did Palm Beach Dyno take of you Vtech?
Yes and no. They got me a tune but the damn thing won’t load. Rob claimed to be working it but now i haven’t heard anything in a little over a week. I get to the point where it’s initializing but about 5 seconds in it aborts.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Yes and no. They got me a tune but the damn thing won’t load. Rob claimed to be working it but now i haven’t heard anything in a little over a week. I get to the point where it’s initializing but about 5 seconds in it aborts.
That's not good.

I just went with LUND, they are pretty prompt on reply's and after a few issues that was my fault. Everything loaded fine.

Hope you get squared away.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
This is still going on. At first i was ok with taking some time to get it fixed as i had a trans leak ford was working on, Ive had the car back for two weeks now and it’s still refusing to cooperate. The tuner just sent me a firmware update which wasn’t on VMPs site so not sure if maybe the tune itself needs an update now too.
Sponsored