Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Hello, I just picked up the same model and the dealer advises not to have the splitter unless I am on the track. What do you think? Do you have any issues?

64030072093__A96FF692-3C88-4D6B-9C37-F36D0FDD154D.fullsizerender.jpg
Ummmm ......... Where is the lower splitter and the Gurney flap ? The damn dealer gets aid by Ford to install them. Also, there are front fender spears missing on the car. You paid for all of that. Make the mofo install them!
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And, it is the Gurney flap Ford advises not to run unless tracking. They are spot on btw. The nose will get light and skate in heavy rain above 45 mph. On the way back from Granger Ford, I had rain in KA and MO. Truly sucked.

P51 MACH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ax
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Nothing wrong with those tires. Probably the best street tire money can buy.

I have 12 of them in my garage lol.
20210403_083328.jpg

Congrats OP! Beautiful machine you go there.
[
Nothing wrong with those tires. Probably the best street tire money can buy.

I have 12 of them in my garage lol.
20210403_083328.jpg

Congrats OP! Beautiful machine you go there.
Great looking vehicle and looking at second set of wheels/tires for my M1HP next. Two unrelated questions. 1. The red trim/line on the splitter in this pic - painted? Wrap? Other? And 2. I’m torn between epoxy flooring an the tiles you have in the pic. Have had the former and want to change up to the latter, but don’t know if I will like it. I use a jack, have a large compressor and will put some wear on it. Appreciate thoughts.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
And, it is the Gurney flap Ford advises not to run unless tracking. They are spot on btw. The nose will get light and skate in heavy rain above 45 mph. On the way back from Granger Ford, I had rain in KA and MO. Truly sucked.
Probably caused more by the sport cups than the gurney flap don’t you think?

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Probably caused more by the sport cups than the gurney flap don’t you think?
With the HP I had dealer install all the parts, no problem in rain, but then again I swapped out the Cup 2,s and had them install 4 s love those tires. Here are some pictures of all parts installed, and some good shots of the 4 s tires. Those are 325/30-19's on the rear. LOVE this car.

DSCF0246.JPG

DSCF0251.JPG

DSCF0255.JPG

DSCF0260.JPG

Sponsored

mactech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ummmm ......... Where is the lower splitter and the Gurney flap ? The damn dealer gets aid by Ford to install them. Also, there are front fender spears missing on the car. You paid for all of that. Make the mofo install them!
They are putting those things on next Wednesday. I purchased it before the accessories arrived.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Keep in mind, I had to drive it back from Zacks in Granger to Midlothian, TX in the damn rain. Average temp was in the mid 40's. Not what I was planning on. In my haste to get up there and pick it up I left the race ramps at home. (crap) Couldn't get it on the transport trailer ........... Mumbles. :facepalm:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They are putting those things on next Wednesday. I purchased it before the accessories arrived.
Huh ? Mine were in the cargo area from the factory and already on the car by the time I got to Zacks in Grainger, IA from Midlothian, TX. An easy 11 hr drive right up I-35. :rockon:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
With the HP I had dealer install all the parts, no problem in rain, but then again I swapped out the Cup 2,s and had them install 4 s love those tires. Here are some pictures of all parts installed, and some good shots of the 4 s tires. Those are 325/30-19's on the rear. LOVE this car.

DSCF0246.JPG

DSCF0251.JPG

DSCF0255.JPG

DSCF0260.JPG
Great looking car man, congrats!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Great looking vehicle and looking at second set of wheels/tires for my M1HP next. Two unrelated questions. 1. The red trim/line on the splitter in this pic - painted? Wrap? Other? And 2. I’m torn between epoxy flooring an the tiles you have in the pic. Have had the former and want to change up to the latter, but don’t know if I will like it. I use a jack, have a large compressor and will put some wear on it. Appreciate thoughts.
Thanks!

1. I used 1/4" trim tape to lay down the accent stripe. I track my car a lot so I usually re-apply it every year. You can find it at any part store for less than $5.

2. Great question about the tiles. I do a considerable amount of work on my car and you do have to take into consideration the tiles because they will get damaged. There are many different types of tile material and these are the plastic ones. However if you go with a more robust material you can pretty much get away with anything on them.

For example now I have made a wood jacking plate and jack stand pads that I put underneath so I don't dent and damage the tiles. Everything else is fine though, I have heavy shelves, toolbox etc and no problem there.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

1. I used 1/4" trim tape to lay down the accent stripe. I track my car a lot so I usually re-apply it every year. You can find it at any part store for less than $5.

2. Great question about the tiles. I do a considerable amount of work on my car and you do have to take into consideration the tiles because they will get damaged. There are many different types of tile material and these are the plastic ones. However if you go with a more robust material you can pretty much get away with anything on them.

For example now I have made a wood jacking plate and jack stand pads that I put underneath so I don't dent and damage the tiles. Everything else is fine though, I have heavy shelves, toolbox etc and no problem there.
Todd, do you happen to have a link for the tape you use?
I think red tape along my front splitter would finish off the front of my black Mach perfectly.
Thanks

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

mactech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I wanted to add...the factory adds a big yellow spacer in the front springs to get if off the delivery truck. MY dealer knew nothing about it until I noticed.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Ordering mine tomorrow!
It's been a hard decision between the Velocity Blue or that Fighter Jet Gray, still might change my mind last second but that Gray is definitely cool.
Sponsored