Sponsored

How to track your railcar

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
If this is already known, please let me know and I will delete the thread

I'm intentionally obscuring the name and phone number of this company to not call any attention over here from search engines. I don't know if this information is already known or not, but I happened to discover it while trying to contact someone about my car. It took several attempts to figure out where to go in the menu, and it gave me the tracing option by surprise.

Ask your dealer for the railcar number. If your car is riding If your car is riding Onion Passific, it will be ETTX123456 (where 123456 is the number of your railcar).

Call this number:
( for oh too ) - JIG - 5OOO
and speak to the automated lady

She says: "Thank you for calling ... to search by department, say department ..."

You say: "Department."

She says: "Please say the name of the department."

You say: "Sales."

She says: "Did you say sales?"

You say: "Yes."

She says: "Transferring you to sales ... Thank you for calling ... yada yada ... if you are calling about an existing rail shipment, please press 1 now ..."

You press 1

She says: "Thank you for calling... yada yada... please have your UP user ID available ... for shipment tracing press 1 ... "

You press 1

She says: "To continue in English, press 1."

You press 1

She says: "How many pieces of equipment?"

You say: "One."

She says: "What's the first ID? ... yada yada"

You press 123456 (your ETTX number without the ETTX letters)

She says: "Would you like a faxed copy?"

You say: "No." (or press 2)

Done. She will read you the status, location, date, time. End the call.

As you near the end of your journey:

"Constructively placed" means it is effectively delivered but is not exactly where it needs to be for unloading yet.
"Placed" means it is ready to be unloaded
"Loaded" means it has not yet been unloaded
"Empty" is the magic word, it has been unloaded, and very shortly the trucking company will be made aware of it.
Then, if you do a little detective work and can figure out who the trucking company is and call them with your VIN ready, if they have it in their system they can "mark it hot" for you and get it on a truck asap.

Rules you should consider following:
1) Do not abuse this, it is not meant for us. Be respectful of others also wanting to track their cars.
2) Do not get a faxed copy of the report and create a paper trail.
3) Do not speak to a live person on this line, just follow the above steps.
Sponsored

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,