HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey there, I'm in Australia also, can you please let me know what you had to do to make it work, what parts you used.
Thanks
Hello Parts you need are on page 1 and 40 Wiring of the gauges to tha apim on page 1 also The hardest part is fitting a 3 wire pressure switch and then wiring in to the pcm Instead of relocating a wire I just bought a wire with terminal and put it into the correct place in the pcm harness and piggy backed the other 2 wires That's the easy bit Now either you can modify your dash to take the gauges (there is a guy who does his own out of carbon fibre ) I bought a US one with gauges and another RHD one and modified it Note the p/pack vents are 12mm further apart than the std 3 vent The most single cost is the Tune that needs to be done to tell the pcm to read from the new pin location This also will give you the oil pressure gauge in the main dash well it did on my 2018 Most of this info is here on this forum https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/skinning-a-horse-pp-gauge-upgrade.123559/

Last edited:

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
hello Are you near Herrod motor sport They did my tune for me via team viewer to a Ford dealer over here Was the first for Chris to do I would start with the cost of the tune before you start I was well committed to not finish Over 2 years of hesitation from start to end
mine is running Lund tune already,.

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey there, I'm in Australia also, can you please let me know what you had to do to make it work, what parts you used.
Thanks
hello Are you near Herrod motor sport They did my tune for me via team viewer to a Ford dealer over here Was the first for Chris to do I would start with the cost of the tune before you start I was well committed to not finish Over 2 years of hesitation from start to end

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hello Cashley The sender i used was CM5Z9D290B with a WPT-1066 pigtail wired into the pcm
Hi, @Hamsterman is it possible to post pictures of your install? I want to try this and have everything in place so I can take it to the dealer to try to get it programmed
thanks

Sponsored

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the parts to do this so just waiting on a warm day. Don't want to break any clips. My car, base 2017 EcoBoost, has the cable in the dash so once I plug that in I should have the boost gauge. Just the oil pressure I am not clear on. @Buldawg76 I would just go into the dealer and ask them to do the change from switch to sensor?
[/
Hi, @Hamsterman is it possible to post pictures of your install? I want to try this and have everything in place so I can take it to the dealer to try to get it programmed
thanks
This is the only photo of the wiring under the hood Not sure where you are you need to splice into 2 wires at the pcm (well i did ) and i added a new pigtail with the correct connector instead of trying to relocate There is a video on the tube showing a guy doing this to a S197 Note each model and engine (motor ) have different wiring diagrams FM 5.0 is different to FN 5.0 and 2.3 different again picture shows original and new sender
331448005_5896815443707653_9029255473254406263_n.jpg

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As not to cut the vent tubes I cut and repositioned the vents I also cut down the gauge housing

79C6A25E-CA7F-4768-9BED-AE37AC5DA4E1.jpeg

A102B552-B18F-42E3-BC4B-B5091E10C71C.jpeg

D34D84DA-5F06-435D-B19C-83BB5D3CE62A.jpeg

3F5311BA-9CDA-4425-B2C6-EF2B68C94FC2.jpeg

07662DE9-FE3A-4984-9D47-AB21AB48FA7C.jpeg

D4C230D3-4BF0-4ED7-821A-942C312547D8.jpeg
That is cool. I'm not that brave, lol
thanks for the pictures

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the only photo of the wiring under the hood Not sure where you are you need to splice into 2 wires at the pcm (well i did ) and i added a new pigtail with the correct connector instead of trying to relocate There is a video on the tube showing a guy doing this to a S197 Note each model and engine (motor ) have different wiring diagrams FM 5.0 is different to FN 5.0 and 2.3 different again picture shows original and new sender
331448005_5896815443707653_9029255473254406263_n.jpg
I have the EcoBoost so mines will be different. I can't read a wiring diagram to save my life. Do the other 2 wires have to come into the passenger compartment to get spliced in?
Thanks

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys I came across this

The guy did not change the sensor, still the same single-line unit and it was enabled with a tune from Adam.
Has anyone tried this?
thanks

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Hey guys I came across this

The guy did not change the sensor, still the same single-line unit and it was enabled with a tune from Adam.
Has anyone tried this?
thanks
I don't see how that is possible since the single wire switch is either an open or closed-circuit signal not a variable output signal. Tune + may just be turning on an inferred parameter in the PCM to send to the gauge on the canbus like some other inferred gauge signals that use several other sensors signals to provide the inferred readouts.

BD

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see how that is possible since the single wire switch is either an open or closed-circuit signal not a variable output signal. Tune + may just be turning on an inferred parameter in the PCM to send to the gauge on the canbus like some other inferred gauge signals that use several other sensors signals to provide the inferred readouts.

BD
That is high techie techie for me, :crackup::crackup::crackup:

The op there did not say if it was accurate. Seems like the easy way out.
I'll see if I can decipher the wiring diagram. Questions incoming! 😁

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That is high techie techie for me, :crackup::crackup::crackup:

The op there did not say if it was accurate. Seems like the easy way out.
I'll see if I can decipher the wiring diagram. Questions incoming! 😁
If it is accurate then it is certainly an easy option, I just am not sure which other sensors would be used to produce the inferred readout.

Definitely interesting and have not seen or heard that a pro tuner is able to do this to turn the gauge on.

BD

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it is accurate then it is certainly an easy option, I just am not sure which other sensors would be used to produce the inferred readout.

Definitely interesting and have not seen or heard that a pro tuner is able to do this to turn the gauge on.

BD
Looks like he has an EcoBoost like me. I'll have to reach out to adam tuning and see what was probably done. Based on the cost, may have to live with it disabled. The performance pack eco boosts have these gauges in the video I linked to correct?

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks like he has an EcoBoost like me. I'll have to reach out to adma tuning and see what was probably done. Based on the cost, may have to live with it disabled. The performance pack eco boosts have these gauges in the video I linked to correct?
Yes, I know for certain the 20+ HPP ecos have them in dash and also believe the pre 20 PP ecos do as well but not 100% sure.

It would be great if the easy option is accurate, let us know what you find out from Adam at tune +.

I have a GT PP center dash setup also with the oil pressure/vac gauge, just need the eco vac/boost/oil pressure gauge and eventually will install in my eco.

BD
Sponsored