zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Where did you plug the gauges into?
I had to wire in the gauge connector with the diagrams in the OP. 4 wires tied into the sync APIM connector.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Nice! Let us know all the part numbers. What did you do with the old center vent hose? Does it get capped off in order to fit the gauges in the center?

:hail: And congratulations!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The most expensive/cost prohibitive part for most is going to be the dash panel (it comes with the gauges). It's around $1,000 from Ford.

Plus you know your car's electrical system warranty being bye bye.

Last edited:

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Normally the gauges change color with the my color, correct? Does tapping into where you tapped into, allow this option still?
Also could you take pics of the actual wires in the car you connected to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Normally the gauges change color with the my color, correct? Does tapping into where you tapped into, allow this option still?
Also could you take pics of the actual wires in the car you connected to.
All mycolor and gauge sensor data exist on HS1 CAN. So in short, yes myColor will function in a vehicle equipped with it.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Let us know all the part numbers. What did you do with the old center vent hose? Does it get capped off in order to fit the gauges in the center?

:hail: And congratulations!
Will do! Once I have a fully functioning install I will transform this thread into a how to thread!

The center vent has to get trimmed back some to accommodate the gauge cluster. It does not have to be capped but I will be doing so.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The most expensive/cost prohibitive part for most is going to be the dash panel (it comes with the gauges). It's around $1,000 from Ford.

Plus you know your car's electrical system warranty being bye bye.
Got my panel through eBay for $235 shipped.

They still have to prove the mod caused the issue. This is no more intrusive then upgrading a stereo system. :thumbsup:

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Ok haha. On a scale of 1-10, how easy was this? And if I do it, will I be able to use my mycolor feature? Thanks!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ok haha. On a scale of 1-10, how easy was this? And if I do it, will I be able to use my mycolor feature? Thanks!
I would say a 4.5. The wiring is very easy. If you take your time on it then it is not bad at all.

As long as the car and the gauges support it, yes you should be able to use myColor. I'm not sure if there is a separate part number for mycolor gauges but I do not believe so.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got my panel through eBay for $235 shipped.

They still have to prove the mod caused the issue. This is no more intrusive then upgrading a stereo system. :thumbsup:
I saw, there are 2 for $350 each; and they have damage which is why they're cheap so the dash would need to be vinyl wrapped plus the other panals on the sides. Still, that's an option for 2 people not really the masses. I would assume the GT350 are scratch and dent ones from the factory line and there wont be that many of them like this (considering they only built/will build 5500 cars this year) Through Ford they're just super expensive.

When i bought the car auto I really wanted the performance pack and the gauges, but now idk if Id even spend $400-450 to get them now vs some other mods. I personally just dont know how useful they are other than to look at as a visual enhancement to the dash that would look cool for the first week or 2 and lose its lusteri.

I guess I just thought when it was viable I'd want it more, but for some reason I dont. And if I did I'd want brand new or at least excellent condition parts for a brand new car. Good job by you taking nothing away from that.

I guarantee the first electrical failure or short the first thing they said is well customer you spliced into the wires etc and altered it causing the short. Electrical issues are easiest to pawn off on alteration of the system. Is there any actual wire splicing or is it just new plug and play where it could be reversed for service?

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Well I can confirm that the oil gauge is actually reading oil temp! I was concerned that it was just reading cylinder head temp but after warmup this morning I can without a doubt confirm that the gauge is reading oil temp.

Looked into getting the pp oil pressure sender today. Looks like I might have a long wait as it seems to be backordered tell the 19th of January. :(

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
How much did you pay for the dash trim and gauges. I want to do this now! Haha.. If anyone wants to trade their pp gauges and dash trip I'll give u my premium trim for free! ;)
Sponsored