sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
CarCapsule Outdoor Showcase | Car Bubble Storage

Hello; Perhaps the better solution. Not exactly cheap, but likely less than a new paint job or damage to a survivor classic. In the 3 grand to 5 grand range. For one car it seems 3 grand or so would work.
Nothing touches the car except filtered air.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Watched their vid and it looks like the perfect solution if you are out of space. Definitely pricey but as Jeff said, cheaper than repairing cover damage.

Unfortunately, I can see more than a few HOA's that would not be particularly happy about seeing one of those in someone's driveway or worse, on their lawn.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
CarCapsule Outdoor Showcase | Car Bubble Storage

Hello; Perhaps the better solution. Not exactly cheap, but likely less than a new paint job or damage to a survivor classic. In the 3 grand to 5 grand range. For one car it seems 3 grand or so would work.
Nothing touches the car except filtered air.
I see these every now and again in the UK :

https://www.carcoon.com/product-range/vehicle/

1690535473111.png

A guy local to me has had two outdoor versions for 'years', they seem to have lasted quite well :like:

WD :like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Interesting photo, WD, yuman beans are if nothing else, adaptable. When space is at a premium as it is in many European countries, you solve the problem, right? I'm gonna guess that as soon as one of those folks started inflating that first bubble, the idea caught on quickly. Who knows, maybe it was a "group buy." <BSEG>

(I PRESUME the bubbles are in their designated parking spaces?)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m not sure to be fair - I think that picture is just generic.

The surroundings give me the feeling that itā€™s not even in the U.K. - it looks more European.

The guy near me who has them simply has them side by side on a double drive, positioned just like you would park cars, but they are in those cocoons.

I donā€™t often drive past that way but if I do (and I can do it without getting him paranoid), I will snap a quick picture.

They are not particularly neighbour (or I guess home owner group) friendly, but thatā€™s not really an issue over here. First time I ever came across that home owner type of thing was my first villa hire in the states - restrictions on putting bin out, putting it away etc lol. Managed estates are reasonably rare over here, but becoming more popular as time goes on.

WD :like:

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
I don't daily my Mach 1 but it lives outside in uncovered parking spot and I drive about 1/2 times a week. I have no Info about how paint will hold up but it's a world of frustration trying to keep it "protected"

-Washing car all the time
-Gets dirty whether I drive or not
-Can't always line up washing car and immediately covering it.

I went overboard and

PPFed entire car
Ceramic coated entire car
I have inside window covers for front/sides/rear
Cover it when I know it'll sit longer than a week.
Ceramic window tint

I hope this will keep the elements away )= anything else from community j would love to know about as well.
I live in an apartment and drive my car everyday and for most of the week it does get 4-5 hours in garage (visiting friends and family) but then when Iā€™m home at my apartment itā€™s outside most of the day

I never even thought of this lol. More to worry me. Congrats on the Mac

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not sure to be fair - I think that picture is just generic.
I wondered about that, WD, and now that I look at it again, I agree. The odds of all those cocoons actually belonging to individuals and all in a tidy, neat row, have to be slim. Wishful thinking on the part of the manufacturer.

Still, a very cool and reasonably practical solution.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I have an ā€˜05 GMC pickup that has sat outside on my driveway since new - 45,000 miles. Iā€™ve never waxed it, only wash it once a year, but donā€™t drive it on salty roads. After a hard rain the finish looks like new. I park it so the sun doesnā€™t damage the plastic headlight covers. Advice - Carport is a good idea, but a strong wind can collapse a portable one resulting in nasty paint damage and never park it on grassā€¦ Bruce
IMG_0800.jpeg
Sponsored