How to Replace the Cabin Air Filter

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I changed mine about a week ago, going in through the glove box. Overall, I'd call it awkward, but manageable. The worst part was repositioning the cover, getting the tabs in and the screw hole lined up. That made what could have been a 10 minute job take at least twice as long.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I changed mine about a week ago, going in through the glove box. Overall, I'd call it awkward, but manageable. The worst part was repositioning the cover, getting the tabs in and the screw hole lined up. That made what could have been a 10 minute job take at least twice as long.
Sounds familiar

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
This should be fun ~
I bought the filter and a home gym to get ready for the installation :cwl:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Autozone has a replacement filter w/ charcoal for only $4.20: https://www.autozone.com/filters-an...stp-max-cabin-air-filter-caf1925m/1068796_0_0
They don't have it in stock but they'll have it shipped to their store next day for free.
Thanks. For me they would NOT do ship to store on this because it ships directly from manufacturer and also can not be returned. Still was a decent price per item with shipping since I ordered 2.

Weird that web search finds no hit for this part number except for Autozone, I wanted to confirm elsewhere that it does fit S550, Autozone definitely says it does. I mean even the STP website doesn't list ANY filter products but we all know they sell them.

Sponsored

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
very nice write up

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. For me they would NOT do ship to store on this because it ships directly from manufacturer and also can not be returned. Still was a decent price per item with shipping since I ordered 2.

Weird that web search finds no hit for this part number except for Autozone, I wanted to confirm elsewhere that it does fit S550, Autozone definitely says it does. I mean even the STP website doesn't list ANY filter products but we all know they sell them.
I went to AutoZone today to see if I could pull this off. It appears I can because he said it will get there this Tuesday. So I got 2 of them ($8.88). The rep even said he was shocked they are so cheap. Says they are way better than the plain paper one they sell for $19.99.

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I went to AutoZone today to see if I could pull this off. It appears I can because he said it will get there this Tuesday. So I got 2 of them ($8.88). The rep even said he was shocked they are so cheap. Says they are way better than the plain paper one they sell for $19.99.
Confirmed it fits.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just clicked on that Autozone link, and with my luck, I was late to the party (as usual. Ha ha): It's $27 now, so no thank you. Probably an error that was recently corrected.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Picked mine up on the way home from work today. Just in the nick of time it appears! :bandit:

STP.jpg

Sponsored

BoostedNate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah I figured that had to be some kind of error, a top of the line filter costing less than an air freshener. :)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well....

The cat is out of the bag, price has been increased and corrected for those STP filters; they are now $27ea ....

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly... I'd be willing to pay $27 for one. It's a pretty good filter. By the time I run through the 2 I got, I'm sure the price will be even higher.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Now I can see why the design really pisses people off. It was easier for me to put my ass on the passenger seat (feet up over the seat) and remove/install it that way.

goldenpants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium 201a Performance Pack (Ruby Red)
Anyone know of any HEPA cabin air filters that are available for purchase?
Sponsored