Sponsored

How to lose 200k at auction

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a 2013 gt500 snake. Don't drive it. Spend mods for 1100 wheel hp to the tune of 300 grand. Get lucky at Meecum Dallas and let it hammer for 100k.

I wonder at what point did the idiot seller think he would find a greater fool once his costs looked 150k in the rearview?
Sponsored

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I can only assume the original owner is ridiculously wealthy. I have a very close friend with loads of money and can confirm he gives no f$cks about throwing away money. Unfortunately at a point money loses all meaning.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I can only assume the original owner is ridiculously wealthy. I have a very close friend with loads of money and can confirm he gives no f$cks about throwing away money. Unfortunately at a point money loses all meaning.
Yup, I had a boss like that a number of years ago. He'd buy the latest and greatest new car when it first came out, pay absurd dealer markup, drive it for a few days, leave it sit for months and sell it at a considerable loss, then do it again and again and again...

Fortunately, I was able to buy one of the cars he got tired off. It was the only car he ever bought that fit my budget. It was a Mercedes SL55.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Maybe for some.

I personally know two millionaires, and you'd never guess either was. Both frugal almost to a fault, incredibly down to earth. And everything they touch seems to turn to gold. These guys would be the ones buying that car for pennies on the dollar at auction.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
as they say it's easier to have more money by just not losing it.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Maybe for some.

I personally know two millionaires, and you'd never guess either was. Both frugal almost to a fault, incredibly down to earth. And everything they touch seems to turn to gold. These guys would be the ones buying that car for pennies on the dollar at auction.
When I say has money, I don't mean simply a millionaire :) Times that by a lot.
Sponsored