Sponsored

How to find option packages (PP2) with VIN only?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
When I was researching new cars to buy, I was able to view the window sticker / Monroney Sticker with all the option packages shown. Now that I’m looking at some salvage vehicles, the online window sticker options appear to be gone for “older” vehicles - like the 2018 GT Premium I’m looking at. Where can I use the VIN to find whether or not a car has the PP2 option?

FWIW, the VIN is 1FA6P8CF7J5116889 and I’m looking at some PP2 specific parts to upgrade.

Local dealership is… not so helpful with these requests.

Thanks!

Clair
Sponsored

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Checking again with the Monday back-to-work crowd…

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
From the wreck pictures, it looks like a PP1. They also post the door jamb sticker which shows the installed tires (255 and 275) and wheels (9.0 and 9.5) which match PP1 specs not PP2.

1649681932347.png

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Where can I use the VIN to find whether or not a car has the PP2 option?

FWIW, the VIN is 1FA6P8CF7J5116889 and I’m looking at some PP2 specific parts to upgrade.
We can still use Etis, though sadly not for long. Here's what it reports for the given VIN.

Attachments

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
In that list, I saw "with adaptive dampers", so I'm guessing it has the magnaride option, which is available on the PP1.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Thanks, folks!! I didn’t see the tire decal on the wreck photos I found - safe to say that it would note the PP2-specific tires rather than the PP1 in every case?

I think the ETIS info is what I was hoping to find, but was striking out and the window sticker on Ford’s builder site was long gone. Thanks for that extra info!

Magneride is what I was focusing on - I’ve got MR on my ’18 EBPP and was hoping to swap a PP2 MR controller into my car. All my suspension is GT350R or PP2 and I’m curious to see if the ride / handling is any better with a PP2 controller. It’s pretty good with the stock box, and a GT350 box won’t play due to different drive modes.

Time to keep hunting…

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, folks!! I didn’t see the tire decal on the wreck photos I found - safe to say that it would note the PP2-specific tires rather than the PP1 in every case?

I think the ETIS info is what I was hoping to find, but was striking out and the window sticker on Ford’s builder site was long gone. Thanks for that extra info!

Magneride is what I was focusing on - I’ve got MR on my ’18 EBPP and was hoping to swap a PP2 MR controller into my car. All my suspension is GT350R or PP2 and I’m curious to see if the ride / handling is any better with a PP2 controller. It’s pretty good with the stock box, and a GT350 box won’t play due to different drive modes.

Time to keep hunting…
Have you considered the aftermarket controller?
https://www.dscsport.com/product/v2-controller-mustang/

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
@Vlad Soare
Not for long - why is that?
It will be discontinued soon and replaced with a new web site, which is currently under construction and is an absolute piece of trash. Almost nothing will be available free of charge anymore, the paid features will be much more expensive than they are now, and a lot of the information we can get from Etis today isn't available at all, paid or not - at least not yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: