How to drain the tank on a '19 GT?

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So, I have a tuner with a couple different tunes for 93, 260GT (100), E85, etc. Only probably is I live in the middle of nowhere so the closest E85 is gas station is over half a tank away. Locally there is a local race track 15 miles away that sells the 260GT but I don't wanna use that all the time either. I have a bunch of 5 gallon jugs but am thinking of buying by the barrel sometime in the future. But for now, here's my question.

Say I have the 94 trace tune enabled and 3/4 tank of gas left. But for an arbitrary reason I need to switch over to my racing fuel. I really hate the idea of wasting 10+ gallons of premium gas. But I can't seem to find a single siphon that'll work. I heard one person on a forum say to plug your hose into the engine bay gas inlet and trip the gas relay and have the car just pump the gas itself that way. I've figured out where the relay I need to short trip is but I have no idea where the gas it delivered from.

Could anybody help me figure this out or is there a better way for me to do something like this? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
So the fuel pump is under your back seat, right side (as you're facing the front). You plug that device in, turn the car on to accessory mode, and the pump is going to start doing its thing. So you wouldn't use siphon tools, you'd hook a tube to the gas outlet and put the other end of the tube in a bucket (or whatever).
IMG_6727.jpg

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
And this is the same for the convertible and the fastback right? If so, I'm stoked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes what is different on a vert surprises me, so I don't really know. I only have a fastback. :like:
Lol, that's what I was afraid of. I already ordered the $99 dollar kit from another place that had the same adapter and some hoses. If it doesn't work oh well, guess I'll lose 15 bucks in the return policy and have to figure out another option.

It's crazy how many random things are different between the convertible and fastback.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Drive it?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Been a while since I had the back seat out of my convertible so I don't remember the exact configuration. But it only takes a couple of minutes to pop out the back seat base to look. Move the front seats forward, push the bases of both sides of the rear seat bottoms in to unclip them and lift and pull forward. Being able to put the top down makes access super easy.

OP
OP
jhubbardsf

jhubbardsf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Been a while since I had the back seat out of my convertible so I don't remember the exact configuration. But it only takes a couple of minutes to pop out the back seat base to look. Move the front seats forward, push the bases of both sides of the rear seat bottoms in to unclip them and lift and pull forward. Being able to put the top down makes access super easy.
I don't think I ever figured it out before my tuners sent me a fuel drain tune lol. Well have to give this a try next summer when it warms up and I can run E85 again.
Sponsored