Sponsored

How streetable are Prochargers?

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
What else would I have to buy or upgrade to support this ProCharger system?
You need new spark plugs for sure, the kit normally doesn't come with colder plugs unless you get it from beefcake. I blew my stock one out the first drive to find out. It sounds like those rally car with misfiring system

And everything else is a support mod. clutch, stickier tires, then drive shalf, half shalf, opg and damper, smaller pulley, eventually goes twin turbo, rebuild engine etc
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
as i mentioned in the other thread, if the tune is good, you can dd almost any setup, our vortech car is 1150 rwhp and dds' just great. plenty of vides out there on it

plenty of customers with the procharger that dd for years

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
I dd my P-1 here in hot AZ, never had any cooling problems. ~24k miles on the unit.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dd my P-1 here in hot AZ, never had any cooling problems. ~24k miles on the unit.
Hey Bew, I see you are in Arizona, I'm guessing you only have 91 octane there. Curious if you've done any data logging and if you see much + knock at WOT?

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Smooth as butter for daily driving, no different to stock.

Rip your face off fast when you stomp the loud pedal.

Best of both worlds :)

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Hey Bew, I see you are in Arizona, I'm guessing you only have 91 octane there. Curious if you've done any data logging and if you see much + knock at WOT?
On straight 91 the car had REALLY bad knock and Lund had an absolute bitch of a time trying to get rid of it. Every 91 I've tried out here is pretty much crap for this setup..

I now run a pretty standard 93 tune and I add 16oz of Torco at every 91 fillup.. that has pretty much eliminated the knock, although the hotter it gets I sometimes see it creep up a little bit. I always have my nGauge on with the KNOCKR reading in my face so that I know when to take it easy.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On straight 91 the car had REALLY bad knock and Lund had an absolute bitch of a time trying to get rid of it. Every 91 I've tried out here is pretty much crap for this setup..

I now run a pretty standard 93 tune and I add 16oz of Torco at every 91 fillup.. that has pretty much eliminated the knock, although the hotter it gets I sometimes see it creep up a little bit. I always have my nGauge on with the KNOCKR reading in my face so that I know when to take it easy.
Thanks, had to ask seeing all the miles you've put on yours. Was half hoping there was something "special" about my car that I could fix. I'm in the same boat with any of the 91 I've tried as well.

Curious are you a stage 2 setup or HO and are you using the pulley that came with the P1? I'm questioning whether "pulleying" up a size would make a hills beans of difference. Also, how many of the 24k miles were non-Torco?

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Thanks, had to ask seeing all the miles you've put on yours. Was half hoping there was something "special" about my car that I could fix. I'm in the same boat with any of the 91 I've tried as well.

Curious are you a stage 2 setup or HO and are you using the pulley that came with the P1? I'm questioning whether "pulleying" up a size would make a hills beans of difference. Also, how many of the 24k miles were non-Torco?
HO Kit with the 3.85'' pulley (~8lbs here in Phoenix.)

About 4k miles were non-Torco... Started with straight 91, then found a station with 95 (at 6$/gallon) then eventually found how much more economical it was for me to use 91 + Torco (about 7$ extra per fill-up.) I love the stuff. I think the verdict is still out if it causes long-term damage... so far so good for me.
Sponsored